• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helicopter down

Another Ahab

Iddy Biddy helicopter flight school in session.
I just want to personally thank you, trukhead:

- Because after reading all the posts of doghead's Submarine thread, I was getting a sinking feeling.

But reading your message here now has completely lifted my spirit.

Last edited:

zout

yhst-94582326164583_2268_3110143.jpgSeems the more costly the helo the faster I seem to crash them. This is the lastest addition to the hanger - forward - backward - left/right - and it even goes up and down. Have had it in a frontal attack mode and jam hard on the right turn spin - looks just like PUFF in a full right or left circle gun attack mode - very cool. Too bad it does not shoot or the squirrels toy cars would be a heaping rubble by now.

Another Ahab

View attachment 477277Seems the more costly the helo the faster I seem to crash them. This is the lastest addition to the hanger - forward - backward - left/right - and it even goes up and down. Have had it in a frontal attack mode and jam hard on the right turn spin - looks just like PUFF in a full right or left circle gun attack mode - very cool. Too bad it does not shoot or the squirrels toy cars would be a heaping rubble by now.
Well, of course:

- That is the famed and well-known Wadsworth Principle: greater expense = greater pain.

- In fact, this is the First Corollary of the Principle, I believe.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Those little infared transmitters are fun to play with, but they don't work outside in the sunlight or the wind for that matter. The Chinhook in 2.4Ghz is much more fun, flys out side & you can get it for cheaper than the above listed price. Keep it coaxial & most anyone can fly, drop to a set of single rotors & you have a handful of crash coming up shortly. The batteries are the most dangerous thing about them unless you like to run the blades into your eyes or face for that matter!

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

I had/still have a small Styrofoam body helo that was great fun and I was able to fly with great dexterity around the house.

I have been on the lookout for a bigger one to play with.
I personally don't like the looks of the contra-rotating duel rotor types and there are lots of those about, but try getting a single rotor for your rotor-ops!

Aussie.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off Runway Excursion

Did you fix your helicopter yet? We heard you wrecked um.

We had an "Off Runway Excursion" and we're going to need somebody
to fly an itty bitty shovel over to the pile it so he can dig himself out.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

I have twelve single rotor helicopters that are Collective Pitch & Fixed Pitch systems & most are fly barred. The coaxial birds are for beginners who are starting out, as you learn to fly better; you go fixed pitch, then collective pitch.

It's all about having fun, how ever you look @ it. Stick with 2.4 gHz systems as they are less suceptible to getting shot down than the old 72mHz systems.

Last edited:

zout

someone lost a lot of cocaine to make that landing field for that Jet !!

Apache was out last night running missions in the power line field between mogules of clay the squirrels piled up - dipping and diving in between them all - except that last one that brought it down - glad it came with an extra set of rotors.

Hey Auzzie - go to raidentech web site - cool toys.

zout

Pissy rainy day here in Ga and got a lot of stuff done yesterday knowing it was coming.
Picked up a new Helo from Brookstone - stunt Helo with 3&4 channel.

Giving it a treat this morning and introducing it to the garage while I play around on another project and play with this - I just see more flying hours today than work getting doneIMG00123.jpg

FloridaAKM

That heli will fly outdoors in light wind & once you get the hang of it; you can make it really haul tail. Put a 200 mAh battery in her & she will fly for 10 minutes without a recharge. Don't run into solid objects with it & it will last a long time. Enjoy!

zout

man I have one of those and they are faster than crapola - after I have a couple Crowns I can kinda now hold it steady - ole Apache is the main play toy. One I have is the stunt copter. Sure glad they have spare parts for these as well.

zout

Kenny was a hoot at the Ga Rally - I had all I could do from taking the pump Mossburg 12 ga pump out of the truck and sending it to earth - but I overcame that intense reaction and knew it was a safe object and let er fly on and take pics.

I actually have had some time flying the three that I have - as long as I can recharge the batteries after my 1 grand sons have flown them - priceless

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks