• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helicopter parts

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See my post in the 5 ton forum re M54A2 shear pins.
A surplus dealer in germany has come into some helicopter parts
and you can probably get a good deal.
Bruce

vtdeucedriver

Ok, I'll bite. Why? I believe this guy is on the level. Is there some restriction
on his selling parts back to the US? This was my idea to pass on the info, not his,
so I appologize if this was not the right thing to do.
Bruce

You can post the info, that is fine but if its for a US built helicopter, there are issues on bringing the parts back into the country. Now on another legal note, pending on what they are, life limited parts, some paperwork would need to be with them. Unless someone is willing to shell out BIG BUCKS for a certified shop to take a look at them and certify that its ok for service, and they are willing to put their name on it, those parts would not be worth much in the civilian market. but if someone had say a UH-1 in their back yard and it was either experimental or maybe not at all, it would be worth some research.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the clarification! For a minute there I thought I had done some real no no.
As they say "no good deed goes unpunished"
Bruce

PS: somehow some links were inserted into the end of my original post by accident. I edited them out of my post, but they are still in your reply that quoted it. Please edit them out for me so that no unsuspecting member clicks on them. They don't seem to do anything, but they probably would be anoying.
Thanks

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He may be able to get most of the parts back into USA, from what I gather they were sold surplus from a US base in Germany. However, even if you can, the bottom line is, how many folks you know have surplus American helicopters? I know a few, and the birds are so old the chances of parts showing up surplus today are almost nil. I guarantee most of the parts your friend has are for Blackhawk, Apache, Chinook, etc., and I don't know anyone with those. You might have an easier time just selling those parts for scrap metal....

I belong to the Red River MVPA here in Texas and we are putting together a "DISPLAY" UH-1 Huey and we need a tail-boom motor and/or rotor blade. Any help getting or locating these items would be very appreciated. Thanks, Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks