• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello all!

Fmccory

Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! My name is Faron, I'm 37, married to a beautiful wife with one beautiful daughter and a 3month old German Shepard puppy! I used to be a full time mechanic at a full service shop! We worked on everything! I'm disabled now and don't do much! I live in the desert and recently bought some mountain property! I need a 4x4 to get to it so I needed to get rid of a toy to get a new one. I had a 1950 Chevrolet 3100 Thriftmaster truck I was restoring that I sadly put up for sale! I was looking for a little Toyota online and came across my new Baby and it was love at first sight! 1971 AM General, Whites multi-fuel, winch, and 3 spares! $5000! 33,869 miles, 1049 hrs! She runs and drives better than most car I've seen! I hope she's gonna be a good truck! The only major problems I can find is a the top of the injector pump is a little wet and a leaky R/F axle seal! Other than that, she seems pretty solid! Everything works, including the winch! Except the blinkers! Still just trying to soak her all in and look her over! Hope you guys like her too!

Last edited:

goldneagle

Thank you Sir! I love her! I wish I could find a soft top and cargo cover to match!
I don't think you can find one. Best bet is to get a tan one and add the rest of the CAMO colors yourself. Krylon Fusion is great on Vinyl. (Most people prefer hardtop to soft top.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I send you a neighborly welcome to the site and congrats on your new toy. I was just up at Holloman with one of my trucks last week, picking up another. There are gatherings at Elephant Butte from time to time so be on the lookout for those. Probably next up will be the holiday lights event a couple of weeks before Christmas.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hard top is often easier than the soft top to remove because of the difficulty encountered in removing the front of the top from the windshield channel. Of course the weight of the hard top is a factor in this but that is why we then go out and buy wreckers:) Some members have fabricated bikini tops in various forms and have shown their work on different threads.

goldneagle

I kinda figured that but a guy can dream I guess! LOL! I live in a desert so it gets kinda warm! I can't wait too peel the top off!
I got the frame setup for a soft top. If interested PM me for a price. I wonder if Clintogf may still have some soft tops. She had good price on some in the past.

Fmccory

I'm gonna have to sell some of my other toys before I can start getting stuff for her! I've already started two different lists! Stuff I plan on doing to her and stuff I want to do to her! LOL! One of the first things is definitely a soft top so as soon as I can get rid of some of my RC stuff I can shoot you a message Sir!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. Congrats on you new truck, it looks good for the high desert. A tan cargo cover will make it look like a big rock. Did you figure out you turn signals yet? Configure the three lever light control switch correctly, they may work then.
Have fun
JC

Fmccory

Thanks Guys! No Sir, haven't looked at the turn signals yet! Still just trying to get all of the sand and mud out from everywhere! That is gonna be my first task though as soon as I can see everything! LOL! Hears a quick pic of my best friends 68 Kaiser!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415312999.951809.jpg