• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello and question about m1010 box mounting

Mattlewis1022

Hi everyone this is my first post on here. I have purchased a m1010 box that I want to mount on the back of my 2003 F350. Just to be clear it is just the empty box I’m not dismantling a complete truck. The box is a few hours away and I want to go ahead and get my truck set up to mount it. Can anyone who has mounted/removed one of the boxes post up pictures of the attachment points and if there are any critical tricky bits I need to know about? Thanks!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pure guesswork on my part, but the attachment points are probably the same as for the regular bed. If you can borrow an 8-foot bed from the correct era, it would be easier to build to that.
Either way, I'd bring the box home on a trailer, then work on things from there.

Mattlewis1022

Ok thanks. It shouldn’t be too hard to find the bolt spacing for square body chevy pickup beds. Renting a uhaul trailer to bring it back is plan b. I just figured if I could get it mounted there where they have a forklift that would be easier than in my driveway without one