• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hello bought some 831a's

NATCAD

Hi everybody,

You have a great forum here in steel soldiers, I have learned alot from reading so far.

I am the proud owner of some mep-831a's I am in the process of changing oil, oil filters, and fuel filters, units LOOK to be in great shape and I will try load testing.

Batteries are all in units and dated 2013 - they were all un hooked when put in storage, but the voltage is running 14-16v on all of them.

My 5 step intelligent battery charger which has a 24 v setting gives an error when connected and will not charge.

Is it worth trying to salvage or rebuild the 24 v cell or should I just proceed to order the SLA-12V18-X2 ?

Question does anyone have any experience with this battery and 200 cold cranking amps being enough for cold starts -5 F and colder?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation where I can purchase 2 x fuel caps, mine are missing.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-12v-18ah-sealed-lead-acid-battery-2pk.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks