• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everyone, newbie from Alabama here

Fury

Well, as the title says. Man, forum introductions are awkward to write.

Newbie here, and I do mean newbie, do not own any MVs, but I sure hope I'll get to that. Found the website while looking online for information on the M944A1 to show to the wife, and the amount of information that I stumbled upon in a few short hours and the general tone of the community that I saw on the forum convinced me to join without doubt. Just wanted to say hello, hoping to learn as much as I can from the community and maybe one day have my own giant green thing to flaunt around!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from SC.
This is a red pill or blue pill situation.
There's no turning back.
But fun as heck.

Fury

Thank you everyone!

And Coffey1, I'm rather concerned that I already took the red one far enough in advance. In fact, I think I swallowed that one the first time I saw an MV while driving down in Alabama, a couple of days after moving here. (for a bit of background, we moved to Alabama about 3 months ago, lived in Connecticut for about a year before that. I immigrated to the United States back in September 2014, lived 25 years in Argentina before that) Big green trucks and all kinds of guns, what's there not to love?!

FloridaAKM

Hello & welcome from N Florida. You may well find out how tolerant your wife is when you bring home your first vehicle, if you are lucky, she will like it also!

Fury

Hello & welcome from N Florida. You may well find out how tolerant your wife is when you bring home your first vehicle, if you are lucky, she will like it also!
Thank you. And thankfully that won't be a problem, I brought up the idea of having a MV, but she was the one to point frantically at the M944A1 after I shown her pictures of the SEORTM. So I really lucked out on that.

AZK9

Hi Fury! Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

This place is full of very helpful folks and really good information.
Have fun learning all you can and searching for the MV that's right
for you!

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome Fury from Cape Cod, MA. I always thought the 944 were pretty cool and being a mechanic it would make a great mobile mechanic shop truck. Imagine showing up to do a on site oil change in that truck! Good luck on your search.:driver:

FloridaAKM

Welcome from North Florida & you have moved to a place where military vehicles are welcome, along with other fun stuff! Sorry for the double post, but you get the idea! :-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks