• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everyone Tulsa, OK to Littlefield, TX recovery any help appreciated.

mastertechfab

Long time lurker, first time poster. I had a m1009 in the past. Thanks for all the help on that one. I haven't posted because I know how to search and generally forget that thanks should be given even if it was just info. I'm recovering my m109 tomorrow I have plenty of fluids tools and a chase vehicle that can double as a tow vehicle if it is an emergency. I just really wanted to drive the new girl of my dreams home. (don't tell the wife) I thought I had everything perfectly planned out then I realized I have no contacts or numbers for anyone on here. If anyone is along this route I would appreciate any contact info I can get. Again thanks for all the help you have already given even though you probably never knew how much help you were. Proud to be a member of SS and plan to participate more in the future. Don't worry I will have pics from start to finish including recovery.

Cleptomaniac

Hay man im in the OKC area if im around when you come threw i could help if you needed it. If not would love to see your baby!! Could drive mine and get lunch or something! Will pm Cell number.
Danny

mastertechfab

Hey Danny,
Thanks so much for the quick response. We plan on heading back through your area on sat and depending on how time works out we may just take you up on your offer for lunch. Thanks again you guys are great.

bigreddeuce

Hey there Bryan! I'm in Tulsa I work at Danny beck Chevy. If your coming through on Saturday you could swing by, it's on your way back. You could check out and take a spin in my deuce!!!! My names Casey

spartan_185

Sounds awesome! Will you be coming down US-69 on your way back to Texas? If you do happen to come down through the little town of Kiowa, or have any problems near there, I would be glad to lend a hand, or just check out your new toy.:-D Ill PM my phone number.

Edit.... Just checked the map, you probably wont go through my neck of the woods to go home, but if you find yourself needing help let me know.

Last edited:

mastertechfab

Thank you all for the offers of help. It is greatly appreciated. It looks like my route home will be I 40 to OKC then I 44 to hwy 62 to 256 then I 27 for a little way. It's actually shorter and its not like traveling I 40 the whole way was going to increase my avg speed.:lol:

salt6

Thank you all for the offers of help. It is greatly appreciated. It looks like my route home will be I 40 to OKC then I 44 to hwy 62 to 256 then I 27 for a little way. It's actually shorter and its not like traveling I 40 the whole way was going to increase my avg speed.:lol:
Where in Tulsa are you picking up? I have to work saturday but won,t be off untill around six in the evening. Incan give you some tips on getting around Tulsa. Lots of construction around here now.

mastertechfab

Thanks we're eating in Hollis right now on our way to get it. No problems yet just realized its Fri the 13th not the best day to be testing my luck. I'm not really superstitious though.

Ghostrider73

Do you mean Schulter? On Hwy 75 about ten miles North of I40. If so, I'm only about ten minutes drive from there. I'll PM my number in case you have trouble right out of the gate. If I'm thinking right, the shop is across the street from new fire station. If your lucky, someone may be there and you can look at their Gama Goat.

Matt

Last edited:

mastertechfab

we actually ended up going south. were in lawton for tonight made it 200 miles so far and didn't blow up. I do have a ? tho I was ready for the 0-50 in 50 miles but not the massive slow down on mild grades. I know im driving a box and it is alot of weight but on very little inclines i was being brought down to 35 and sometimes even 20 mph is this normal? out on the flats she'll get up to 55 and more but definitely feels better about 50 so that is where ive been keeping it. but the hills just suck the life out of her.

mastertechfab

Many thanks to everyone who offered assistance and pm'd numbers etc. We made it back just fine. Being around diesels for so long it really seemed like a fuel problem so in the motel parking lot I changed 2 of 3 fuel filters the primary and 1I secondary. It was all that was available where we stayed. It ran great! Well for about 200the miles then back to square 1. Now that we made it home time for some tic. Drain tank all new filters replace a couple wheel cylinders. I'm so excited it was lots of fun to drive and everyone should drive back roads at 50 every now and again its absolutely amazing how much you miss flying down the interstate.