• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a new member

Khynarf

My name is Frank & I live in Olympia WA.
My fiance Jillian was a member here. She was killed in a horrible accident here in Nov. 2013.

I own a 1981 AM General T925 5 tonner, a 1.5 ton tlr, and a 30KW 3 ph. generator. All in functional or restored condition. Additionally I have a 10KW gas genset with a 4 cyl Continental engine. In need of a Ballantine AC voltage regulator.

In inquiring about a part for my trailer today, I found out from my buddy Brad ( He and his business partner buy & sell military surplus vehicles and parts), that apparently the US Govt or DRMO folks have decided to cease all sales of any vehicles with engines that do not meet California Emission stds.
All vehicles not meeting these stds.will be scrapped and not sold for re-use.

Can anyone verify this for certain?

If corroborated, this means those of us lucky enough to have Jeeps, trucks, tanks, etc. will see them appreciate greatly in value. ( As hard as I can try to imagine, I can't concieve of a tank meeting those standards at all.)

In 2013. I drove the T925 down to Barstow, CA for work and in Jan. and Feb. We did try to find the SS meet in the desert. No luck. We didn't have GPS and did not see any signs.

I did haul about 50 of the 800 and 900 series 5 ton trucks off Ft. Irwin to cut up for scrap though, while I was there. Thats about 1100 miles of "rump breaking" driving and Hwy. 99 was a real bugger to drive on.

With insurance and maintaince costs it ran me about $2400.00 to drive round trip. I got abt. 6 MPG. About 24 hours of driving each way too. I did stop about every 2 hrs to fuel up and stretch my legs and rump.

I would love to put an original radio in the T925, and modify it for the Ham Radio bands. (I have a General Class License.) Besides that a complete fording kit would be cool too.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Woodsplinter

Welcome Frank- sorry for your loss.

There is a good article addressing the issue at www.mvpa.org.

To add to the suspense. The Az. DOT notified all third party registration processors that they could no longer register military vehicles- owners must go to a DMV office to do so. No problems there yet.

Last edited by a moderator: