• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a Yankee transplant-to-be!

Afternoon all,
Wanted to introduce myself, just joined while I was looking at how to ship vehicles from Europe here to the US. Interested especially in military vehicles used by the Polish military during the interwar period, especially tankettes, TK series and Carden-Loyds especially, the latter of which I'm currently looking at purchasing a replica of in the future once I'm transplanted south. Currently living in PA for now, but the military (and myself) decided it would be nice to move to Texas to begin active duty, something I'm greatly looking forward to.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Afternoon all,
Wanted to introduce myself, just joined while I was looking at how to ship vehicles from Europe here to the US. Interested especially in military vehicles used by the Polish military during the interwar period, especially tankettes, TK series and Carden-Loyds especially, the latter of which I'm currently looking at purchasing a replica of in the future once I'm transplanted south. Currently living in PA for now, but the military (and myself) decided it would be nice to move to Texas to begin active duty, something I'm greatly looking forward to.
Welcome from North Carolina!

Sounds like you are going to pack your bags and drive right past us as you head down to Texas... Happy to have you here. Don't hesitate to send some pictures of these tankettes. Sounds small and mobile.

Welcome from North Carolina!

Sounds like you are going to pack your bags and drive right past us as you head down to Texas... Happy to have you here. Don't hesitate to send some pictures of these tankettes. Sounds small and mobile.

Thanks for the kind welcome, I'll be happy to be there.

Gladly, here's one of both. The open-topped one is the Carden-Loyd reconstruction I'm looking at purchasing. I suppose I'm a bit of an anomaly with aspiring armor owners, you could offer me the option of a Sherman or a tankette and I'd jump on the tankette without a second thought rofl
carrier.jpgtkstankietka.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Gladly, here's one of both. The open-topped one is the Carden-Loyd reconstruction I'm looking at purchasing. I suppose I'm a bit of an anomaly with aspiring armor owners, you could offer me the option of a Sherman or a tankette and I'd jump on the tankette without a second thought rofl
View attachment 826379View attachment 826380
Definitely neat looking critters

Ha! I keep looking around for something armored for myself. Found an M4 with rubber tracks and that would be fun to have. The trucks can be pretty expensive but the things that "clank like an armadillo" are even more so. Oh, and you will get an introduction to the armadillo when you get to Texas. Those little critters sound like a tank when they rattle around in the dark. :cool:

Definitely neat looking critters

Ha! I keep looking around for something armored for myself. Found an M4 with rubber tracks and that would be fun to have. The trucks can be pretty expensive but the things that "clank like an armadillo" are even more so. Oh, and you will get an introduction to the armadillo when you get to Texas. Those little critters sound like a tank when they rattle around in the dark. :cool:

That they are! I can talk for hours about them if I'm given half a chance.

Ooh, that definitely sounds good. Expensive, but certainly worth it. I'm looking forward to that introduction, can't say I've ever met an animal that sounds like an armored vehicle here

m715mike

Howdy from just north of Houston. It’s always nice to have another MV enthusiast in the neighborhood (so to speak).

And speaking of cold weather, this was the view from my front door Monday morning >>>
91B65F12-C289-4E9F-8BC0-9C1B50D235EE.jpeg

We typically have a rally in College Station, Texas every March. Last year was canceled due to COVID. I’m not sure what the plans will be this year.

When are you making the move?

Howdy from just north of Houston. It’s always nice to have another MV enthusiast in the neighborhood (so to speak).

And speaking of cold weather, this was the view from my front door Monday morning >>>
View attachment 826385

We typically have a rally in College Station, Texas every March. Last year was canceled due to COVID. I’m not sure what the plans will be this year.

Glad to see that there are MV enthusiasts in the area! Making the move in late May. Fingers crossed I'll have a vehicle here in time for the rally, and the time to make it out there

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 826385

Wow m715mike, That just looks COLD. Snow doesn't look all that deep, but with some wind it looks like it might get pretty miserable. I sure hope the College Station Rally gets a little bit of warm dry weather - and that the SHOW CAN GO ON!

Tim

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Southwestern Texas, definitely a huge move, but I'm looking forward to it. Spent my whole life up here in Pennsylvania, and Texas should be a nice change of pace, current weather notwithstanding
HOWDY !
And advance WELCOME from San Angelo, Texas, USA.

So, you've narrowed down your destination to "Southwestern Texas". Hmmmmm. That's still a whole lot of acreage, pardner.

Screenshot (75).png

That ARROW nails the approximate geographic center of the date, just outside Brady, Texas, in McCullough County. I'm guessing your new location will be both west of, and south of that point.

Can you be a bit more specific please? You might be a nearby neighbor, or still a few hundred miles away yet in that same quadrant of the State.

Just for the record, El Paso and San Antonio are just 550 miles apart.
Whereas, a trip from Pittsburgh to Philly (just about the whole way across Pennsylvania)is only 300 miles.

Also, feel free to follow the link in my Signature Block.... WEST TEXAS DETACHMENT. You might want to answer the ROLL CALL.

Again, Welcome to Texas!!!

Lothar

View attachment 826379View attachment 826380
Oh those are too cool, I'm gonna need at least one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks