• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Afghanistan

Hi All, I came across this site while searching for an M1009 to puchase couldn't be happier to be a member seems like lots of great info floating around on here.

A little about me I'm currently in the Army deployed to Afghanistan. I am an 89D Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician have done that for the last 3 years before that I was a Track vehicle mechanic. I am stationed at Ft Carson while in the states but am looking forward to getting out when I return from this deployment.

I have a few months left here but if anyone knows of a good 1009 in colorado let me know I may be interested in it. Looking for something I can daily drive for awhile and turn into a trail rig for the weekends.

Thanks for the great site,
Adam

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome ArmyEOD. Dang...you go to a dangerous place and pick one of the most dangerous jobs the place has to offer!!
My hat's off to you Sir, and I truly thank you for serving.

I'm obviously no where near CO so I can't help with the CUCV but if I hear of one I will guide you that way.

Thanks again...and stay safe

BLK HMMWV

Welcome

Welcome Adam

First and most important is a big thank you to you and all our soldiers over there for your great work.

Please pass on our warmest regards and best wishes for your safe return.

I 'm sure you will find what your looking for here or at least somebody to point you in the right direction.

Happy New Year
And God Bless

BH

91W350

Thanks for your service, I just picked up a M1009 in Utah and it should be zinging by Denver towards the end of January. I am 440 east of Denver. Should you by some stroke of luck find yourself at Ft. Riley, drop me a line and I will be glad to come take you for a ride, heck, you can drive and I'll be glad to buy you a steak. Glen

91W350

If I can help you in any way, let me know. Be glad to pick you up at one of the airports and take you to your car if needed. Glen

saddamsnightmare

December 28th, 2009.

Dear ArmyEOD::driver:

Thanks for serving and also for finding us. You might have known my deuce's former owner, Jay Bennett, who is on here as BullDogMack13 from NC. He used to be in the III 3/3 CAV , crewed on Bradley L-50. That seems to be how my deuce earned the bumper marks for the 3rd Armored Cavalry, as it came out of Fort Carson area where Jay was living in 2007, but the truck had been released earlier from a QMC in Illinois.
Stay safe and watch out for the New Years, I suspect there are as many crazy people in your neck of the woods as in ours.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

kcimb

My kind of EOD is shooting suspicious objects with the mounted 40mm mk19/.50 cal m2hb in my turret or throwing a grenade at it :)

Not sitting down and playing with it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks