• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Alaska

sand453

I would like to introduce myself , my name is Sean , I live Wasilla , Ak and have enjoyed this site for a couple years now . I found SS while looking for a M1028 and then drawn in by the wealth of information , I have had to wait till now but when the EUC clears I hope to be a proud owner of a very clean M1031 . I bought sight unseen (GL pics) , but yesterday went and looked in person , it took awhile to start , like it had lost its prime . I engaged to PTO and the generator fired up but the governor would drop out after alittle while , I found b4thundr was selling new controlers but would like to diagnos it first if I can find the TM .
I would like to say thanks for all the hard work put into the site , I am seriously thinking about putting a computer in my shop so I don't have to walk to the house every time i have a question . Goodevening all Sean .

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Congrats on that 1031. I was eyeing that one too, but didnt bid. I was eyeing all those trucks that just went out of Fort Rich, I bid on a few of them, but they all went too high for me. The recovery driving one of those back to Fairbanks would have been fun.

sand453

Thanks sigo , the demand for these trucks seems to be high for the prices that they have been bringing but I needed a service truck and the 1031 covers many things on my want list . From the looks of the rigs I seen yesterday recovery might have been fuel it and drive it home , I am really hoping thats how it works for me . Are you looking at the Hagglunds by you , that is another thing on my want list but not in the near future .

blybrook

Welcome to SS.

I also was going to bid on the 1031's, but they went too high for me by the time I remembered to go bid. I don't want an A3, so I avoided those. The trucks were fairly nice looking, but like Sigo stated, it would have been an interesting recovery back North.

As for the local Hagglunds, we cannot discuss current auctions. Send a PM if you want to know their true condition...

natemccabe

I was looking at those big boys too, not sure how much they went for but the one looked like you could almost live in the back! If you need help with the recovery let me know, I've been looking for an excuse to go into "town". I made the trip from Fairbanks to Anch at least a dozen times last summer in my 1009, never a problem, just long and boring!

sand453

Thank you for all the nice introductions , I hope the recovery goes well myself but still waiting on the EUC :-D . Sorry about speaking of things at auction , I will try and keep the mistakes to a minimum . I looked in both Free Military Army Manuals! and JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB but failed to find the TM on the box and generator for a 1986 M1031 , if anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated .