• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from another Crazy Canuck!

Hello

My name is Chris and i stumbled upon this site earlier this week while looking up info on Bedford MJs. From reading what i could find i made the decision to join the site and learn as much as i can about owning Military vehicles. What got me started into MVs initially was the CUCV GMs. Ideally my first MV would be one of that series. I learned of those trucks via researching their 6.2 Detroit Diesel engines and just started reading from there. I currently have an early "red block" (1982-83) vintage 6.2 Detroit sitting at a friends place and the parts needed to convert it into a Turbo there as well. I am currently building the 3 following project vehicles

1994 GMC K1500 Ex cab Diesel, With the recent decision to convert this truck to Solid axle front end this will be the closest i will come to a CUCV for now i suppose as part of the work being done will be ditching the problematic Drive by wire injection system and replacing it with a Mechanical Injection pump and stand alone transmission controller. Eventually i will probably be dropping the aforementioned 6.2 in this truck with an NV4500 5 speed transmission. Unless of course i find an M1008 or M1009 to drop said motor into.

2008 Chevy Trailblazer. Initially this one was supposed to be my DD never to see mods...well...that plan kinda went sideways pretty fast after i hit a curb in the winter. So i am slowly gathering parts to lift this one 3" suspension and 3" body lift. Eventually i may try to get my hands on a set of 8.25R16 Michelin XLs to run under this one.

1995 Chevy S10 Blazer...the current DD but has seen some mods in the form of a light bar and an aftermarket stereo.

Im at the stage i would probably prefer to get my hands on at least one M1009 (Blazer CUCV) and enough parts from another CUCV to convert a civilian K5 blazer into a gas powered clone for the gf. That way she has the more user friendly version.