• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Beavercreek Oh

spowers1

Hi Guys,

Just ran across the site a month ago when I started looking at Gov surplus seriously. Career automotive development guy, 3D printing, precision rifle shooter, off-road enthusiast, etc, etc. Jackass of many things.

Recently bought my first M1101 trailer, my daughter and I think it would make a cool off-road trailer/camp site. Will buy a HMMWV once I get a straight answer on titles in Ohio is an SF97 form, but so far, not getting any trustworthy answers. A good friend worked at BMY for over a decade, so I'm thinking of a 6x6 real soon, they are so cool! Dream project would be a 6x6 with a custom bugout kinda motorhome layout. Back to the drawing board I guess..

Would like to meet other guys close around who are Mil vehicle enthusiasts, my late father was career military, so I'm aiming to buy some of this stuff I used to see running around bases all the time before it becomes really hard to find.

SP

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. You landed right in the middle of it. Lots of folks on Steel Soldiers in SW Ohio.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Nor. Cal. Born and raised in Cinti. Ohio. Boy do I miss Cassano's Pizza.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Nor. Cal. Born and raised in Cinti. Ohio. Boy do I miss Cassano's Pizza.
Holy Smokes Big Mike, thought I would never see o anyone mention Cassanos on here. I miss that pizza too, oh my! Sorry for the derailment guys.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the other side of Dayton on SR35.

Gimpy meant he is in Jefferson Township a lot. Trotwood is across the street. :)

Now I think I'll order pizza from Cassano's which is .5 miles up the street. Booyah.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Big MIke gets back here once in a while, he has even been to "Casa de Cripple"! Maybe next time I'll bring him up for a meet n greet Swb.

spowers1

Ah, yes sir, my wife is from New Lebanon, I know right where you are. We are just off 35 at North Fairfield Rd

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've got some neighbors it looks like. I'd like to check out some of the larger trucks if anyone local has anything. No real schedule of course, just to see what I might want in the future.

Last edited:

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Ah, yes sir, my wife is from New Lebanon, I know right where you are. We are just off 35 at North Fairfield Rd

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've got some neighbors it looks like. I'd like to check out some of the larger trucks if anyone local has anything. No real schedule of course, just to see what I might want in the future.
You are welcome to gander at my 923A0 with the nhc-250 at some point