• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Canada!

Panici

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

Hi all!

Made an account here after much lurking.
I've been enjoying the "Uses for Deuces" thread along with some of the road trip threads!

Unfortunately I have neither the money or space for a MV right now, so i'll have to live vicariously through you guys!

In the next 5 years or so, i'd like to move out of the city and pick up an M35A2 for all the odd-jobs around the place. Would be fun to make a roadtrip down to the states to pick one up!

Meanwhile, my Jeep TJ (which i've had for 10 years) has met most of my hauling needs thus far.
It's no MV but it does ok. Wish I had lockers though!
Since everyone likes pictures, here's a bunch of my jeep!
2014-08-02 17.35.31_zpsfv3o1wgz_PL8_zps6gcoz0c2.jpgDSC_0081_ShopSM.jpg26420850085_large_zps7ei1ev1n.jpg26420850082_large_zpsaqtdg6nr.jpg26420850057_large_zpspt2ojssm.jpg1798902_10152624983909117_3135192903366537522_o_zpsqpq18rru.jpg1540367_10152309497959117_1192823814069839816_o_zpsuwide4gw.jpg1502321_10151835947279117_244612700_o_zpsdf9032fb_PL8.jpg2016-11-17 14.01.30_PS_zpsf63wlktk.jpg2016-11-17 14.01.07_zps0rfplbe5.jpgDSC_5594_pl8.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

oboyjohn

Hello From Montreal (ok, 35 km south east). This site has very knowledgeable members so when your time comes, you won't be alone. I too am slowly looking for a "big green toy". I will probably start small with something like an M38, a M37, or an Iltis. But you never know, If I find a Deuce, I'd jump on it.

Cheers!

Panici

Welcome to the site from PA. I hope you get your deuce, they are great trucks!
Welcome from Idaho, good luck on getting your deuce.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It's at least a few years off, but it'll happen eventually!
Hello From Montreal (ok, 35 km south east). This site has very knowledgeable members so when your time comes, you won't be alone. I too am slowly looking for a "big green toy". I will probably start small with something like an M38, a M37, or an Iltis. But you never know, If I find a Deuce, I'd jump on it.
I agree, there is a wealth of knowledge on here, that's one of the reasons I signed up.
What are the driver's licenses like in Quebec? Here in Ontario I believe I will need to take my airbrake designation "Z", to drive a deuce with air-over-hydraulic brakes.

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, and now you should link up with enthusiasts to see if you can 'job around' and or assist an owner with servicing and repairs etc, and perhaps get rides as the 2nd pair of hands assisting with attendances at events. Good luck.

Panici

Welcome to the site! Glad you're no longer just a lurker. Nice Jeep!
Wow, a welcome straight from the site Administrator! Thanks Chris :)
Welcome fellow Canadian
Thanks! I see you're out in BC?
Only a short 45h drive from me ;)
Welcome to the site, and now you should link up with enthusiasts to see if you can 'job around' and or assist an owner with servicing and repairs etc, and perhaps get rides as the 2nd pair of hands assisting with attendances at events. Good luck.
That's a great idea! I'm a pretty hands-on guy (great with electrical too), and would love to help out.
I'm not sure that there are many members near where I live.
Perhaps in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio or Michigan? Those are all within a 5 hour drive of me.

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Tennessee! Thanks for sharing the TJ pics. Here's a Jeep of mine from 20 years ago. It's a good place to start!
IMG_3788.jpgIMG_3792.jpg

Last edited:

tommys2patrick

Howdy and welcome from Colorado! There might be a reenactors/living history club near to you as well. They may need some help occasionally. Might even get line on a vehicle. Take your time though no need to rush.

Panici

Welcome from Tennessee! Thanks for sharing the TJ pics. Here's a Jeep of mine from 20 years ago. It's a good place to start!
Good looking CJ! I never see them up here anymore. The rust has gotten to all of them.
Welcome aboard from Nevada. Be patient and you'll get a good Deuce.[thumbzup]
Thanks for the welcome!
No rush here. I won't even have space for something as big as a Deuce for a few years at least.

Howdy and welcome from Colorado! There might be a reenactors/living history club near to you as well. They may need some help occasionally. Might even get line on a vehicle. Take your time though no need to rush.
Not a bad idea, I'll have to look into this!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks