• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Chattanooga Ten.!!!

Jeeagle

Just joined. I am a volunteer/member at the Flight Museum in Hixson Ten. I am currently the OIC of the motor pool which now consist of one 1954 M38a-1 and a M275 A5 (I think is the correct designation)

Both are in decent shape to restore and already have had considerable work done to them by me to make them dependable and useful to the Museum. I am hoping to find out as much info on here for getting some bugs worked out and hope to perhaps even have a few fellow Chatt Town Steel Soldiers to drop by and see us.

The M274 and M38a-1 with our C-45H providing background.

I just recently Re-Timed the Mule and it is running outstandingly. Besides some tire, deck, and paint work she is is great condition I believe. The Jeep however is rough around the edges and I am currently having fun with the wiring. I imagine I will post later on a thread specif for the jeep, but in short I will either have to buy or build a new wiring harness for it. Still getting some small parts and detail parts for it to get it in authentic mode. However I have added a "Keyed" ignition since it will be driven off site and left in public unattended.

And the other modes of "Transport" we currently have as well.

T-28 Bravo

T-28 Alpha

C-45H (Army Version of Twin Beech 18)

Dipstick

Fine looking M38a you have there. The wiring does get a bit crispy over the years doesn't it? I'm running into some wiring issues with my M35a2 as well. I may be doing a front and rear harness in the future myself. Keep at it! Love the planes by the way.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site! We love Jeeps and Mules. :D

There are a lot of members here who are very knowledgeable about these vehicles, you should have no problem finding the help you need.

Learn to use the search feature of the site, most topics have already been covered in detail. If you need help finding something, ask!

You should bring the toys to the Ga Rally in 2013. Check out the links in my signature line for more info.

Dipstick

Clinto...I enjoyed watching videos on YouTube of the last GA rally and it was smokin!!!! What a fun time it must have been! Tons of green machines and families and good people. Jeez would I like to be there! I'm talking with an SS guy in south Jersey and we're planning to hook up for a drive. It would be so neat if me and Turbo could both head our Deuces down your way! Got to get a few minor things straight on Brutus and I'll be ready.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto...I enjoyed watching videos on YouTube of the last GA rally and it was smokin!!!! What a fun time it must have been! Tons of green machines and families and good people. Jeez would I like to be there! I'm talking with an SS guy in south Jersey and we're planning to hook up for a drive. It would be so neat if me and Turbo could both head our Deuces down your way! Got to get a few minor things straight on Brutus and I'll be ready.
We're very happy with how it's grown. It's a big event now, with 100+ vehicles, the swap meet, etc. Not many events that feature offroading have those kind of stats.

Load your stuff up and come down! We've had several people bring deuces from that far away (NY, WI, MI, etc.). You won't regret it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks