• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Columbus, OH!

Action Man

I got a little sidetracked, but I took the car to get looked at yesterday. The guy at the shop took a look at it and told me it wasn't the strut. So the guy who looked at it before either had a slip of the tongue or didn't know what he was talking about.(I had no clue so I can't really say much...) Apparently it's the sway bar mounting bracket that broke loose and has been banging around my fender. They took the mounts off at the shop to cut down on the noise until I order the new parts. Apparently the bolt that I need is an obsolete part through ford so I can't get it through them. He said I could either look in a junk yard for it or wait for an aftermarket part to get shipped in and wanted to charge me $100 for the job. Told me it wouldn't be too hard to do myself if I had a jack/lift. After looking online at the new parts, I noticed that mine looks pretty beat up. So I was wondering whether I should just try and bend the old one back or get a new one all together. I'm posting a pic of the parts they took off below along with links to the new parts. I don't have a link to the bolt yet.

1994-04 Mustang Front Upper Sway Bar Mounting Bracket, Factory Ford at LRS - Free Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang Front Lower Sway Bar Mounting Bracket at LRS - Free Shipping!

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd buy new but if I was in a hurry I'd put them on a bench and straighten them back out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks