• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Delaware!!

HonkyCat

Hello all...I am a heavy truck/crane operator living in Northern Delaware...and I love all things on wheels with an engine!! Some of my first memories are of riding in surplus military vehicles donated to my father's local voluntary fire department...so I have a natural gravity towards big, loud, powerful, go anywhere, do anything type of vehicles!! I have been a lurker here for a few months since I have the opportunity to acquire a M35a2 from a family member. I had intentions of bobbing it, but since I have been lurking here, I am having a hard time deciding whether or not to cut it!! My biggest initial project with this beast is getting it home...from Eastern Tennessee!! I intend on driving it back either this spring or fall with a retired military friend of mine who commanded a small fleet of HEMTT vehicles during his service in Afghanistan and Iraq. It should be an interesting journey....

Thanks to all of you that serve or have served...I greatly appreciate your service.

jwentz57

Welcome from South central PA . I know how that is i a the same way with things that have motors and wheels. I just got My M V the spring of 2012.and am a Heavy equipment operator and truck driver . for a construction compamy

DieselBob

Welcome into the light. As far as “bobbing” I would look at how you plan to use the truck. If you are planning on driving it a lot, sort of a daily driver I could see the advantage of a bobbed truck. I only drive mine on the weekend as a rule and like to keep it fairly original. I wish you well in the purchase / recovery of your truck. :driver:

DeucesWild11

Welcome, and in Deleware you're in a good place for GL auctions MD, DE and NJ all within a close distance, you could have some real fun!

Best of luck with your future recovery!