• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Dublin, Ireland

Dieselnatalie

A belated 'Hi guys' from Dublin. I very much appreciate the vast amount of accumulated knowledge available from the MV crew. Perhaps you may enjoy a view from my shotgun on a standard Irish regional road taken from the M51. You chaps have it easy on InterstatesTullow rd 2.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi back at you from Kentucky, does that truck fit on them roads. Sent time in Dublin/Malahide in the late 90's. The Ford Focus I drove barely fit on some of those roads. You have a beautiful country and great brewed products.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been on some of your roads. Love the country side, but will leave the driving to natives. :)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been twice and the wife drove most of the time. She said it was like being at Disneyworld with the little cars on a track. I spent most of the time yelling "CURB!" when she got a little too close to the left. Going back again next spring.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome from louisiana.. love to see some pics of the country side. you will find a whole world of information here to help your building up your truck

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple of MVs I saw last time over there and also what you share the road with when driving something the size of a jelly bean:

Ireland Army Truck.jpgIrish Nissann2.jpgTractor.jpg

mikey

Welcome from a PA Irishman. My younger brother Jameson will be passing through Dublin next week.

An M51 on those roads? You couldn't find a Willy's Jeep?

Mikey

Dieselnatalie

You get used to the narrow stuff but I often wonder if tourists think they've missed a sign when the hard shoulder fizzles out and it gets bumpy.Tullow rd 1.jpgJust to show we've done book, film and washed the t-shirt a couple of times here's the M51's block about to be cleaned before refitting the heads. You can have the picture, but the sound would not be nice and most impolitephoto 1.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So will it be ready for the show in May? Already booked our Galway B&B so just need to plan out the rest of the trip. We're going to be in Doolin and Galway most of our time there but not going to miss seeing MVs if they're available.

Dieselnatalie

It was off for six days second week in July, only out on a test run and it was wanted for a job. Have no word yet on the Curragh MV show but it should be 2nd weekend of May.......should be........Will keep you posted

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings from a former Dubliner, born in town (Hatch Street) raised in Castleknock, educated at Belvedere. Moved to the US as a teenager. Still have a house in Castleknock, where I intend to be in May.

Mark, firmly planning to attend that show with you at the Curragh, and finally make good on entertaining you as a guest at the house.

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings from a former Dubliner, born in town (Hatch Street) raised in Castleknock, educated at Belvedere. Moved to the US as a teenager. Still have a house in Castleknock, where I intend to be in May.

Mark, firmly planning to attend that show with you at the Curragh, and finally make good on entertaining you as a guest at the house.

Cheers
It's very fortuitous that it is the weekend after Temple. Now I just have to convince Juli I can handle a long weekend out in the sun and heat before we fly over there for a week.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha ha, heat and sun........Ireland is known for three months of winter, nine months of **** bad weather.
We're just the opposite. By the 1st part of May the temps will be in the low 90s during the day (at best). One of our biggest events is the Central Texas Air Show which is always the 1st weekend in May (May 1-3, 2015). While we get to set the trucks up on the grassy area next to the runway, it still gets very toasty during the day and then surprisingly cool at night (at least this year).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, after a weekend in the sun in Texas, some time in Ireland will be a welcome respite!
They say you don't go to Ireland for the weather. :) (Except in August, perhaps, my sisters are over now and say the weather has been splendid).

Dieselnatalie, you are indeed just up the road from my place, around a mile. I am close to the old village center. Castleknock has certainly changed since I grew up there in the 60's/70's.

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, after a weekend in the sun in Texas, some time in Ireland will be a welcome respite!
They say you don't go to Ireland for the weather. :) (Except in August, perhaps, my sisters are over now and say the weather has been splendid).
The cool, misty temps are one of the things I enjoy about going there (that and the food. Ok maybe the beer too).