• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Florida

~JdOwNj~

I registered on the site about two years ago when I thought I was going to have a deuce project, but that deal fell through and I went to Afghanistan and I haven't done much since. Lately I am trying to find the right MV project, open to just about anything, and I figured I had better come back here and get smart first. I like the idea of starting with either a deuce or CUCV or something cheap... I am watching the auctions on base(Eglin) and not seeing much at the moment... But we all know that can change fast so I will keep watching. I am active duty, but I am younger and newer to the military, so I haven't driven any of these vehicles yet(oldest I drove at work was a 900 series 5 ton). Are there any people local to the Eglin area who have MV collections? Thanks for providing an awesome site for the rest of us to learn. I will do my best to Google before asking a question that has been answered before:)

J

gijoe13

Good luck finding something. Thanks for your service:D. Once you decide what you are interested in, download the TMs and read read read. Go to Jatonkas website and you will find them to download.

goodguyzy

welcome, Ive noticed that things are starting to dry up on deuces and CUCv's, not 10-20 at a pop now. a few here and there now. Lots of good members down in your state.

A

A/C Cages

Welcome to the funny farm of people who love to drive snot green oversized trucks around..lol

And thank you for serving!

~JdOwNj~

Thanks for the warm welcome:). I do see a lot of nice stuff in JAX, but it's a chicken-and-egg thing:). If I had a deuce, I would have something to pull one home with:)... If my first find is a CUCV, etc my F-250 would pull it home... For the next month or two I'm gonna take it easy, not enough of those pesky dollars anyway, but I am going to try to grab a trailer or something local, partly because I want a trailer, but also to learn the GL/EUC system. I have no problem doing serious mechanical work or working with an "unknown", so I'm looking more toward vehicles on GL... If I am careful I should be able to come out ahead(cheaper)... Most stuff for sale that is on the outside already has been fixed up out of my immediate price range:)

Coondawg

Welcome to SS, and thank you for your service. I myself am up in the Crestview area. I have an M35A2C and have accumulated all the stuff to bob it. Now if I could just find the time to do it. If you want a deuce ultimately, just hold out a little while. There are a few around here hiding out. Coon

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JdOwNj, likewise welcome to the site, and thank you so much for your service. Just hang in there with the GL/EUC cluster*&%#, if you are patient, be prepared to re-do your paperwork in 2 or 3 completely contradictory ways, and hang in there, after the first time, it's so much easier. Take care from NC and stay safe and free

Rustsleeps

Thank you for your service. I am not a teacher, but many others on this site are. They have invaluable knowledge about military vehicles. Welcome!

littlebob

Thanks for your Service. Plenty of members in your area to help when you figure out what
you want. Whatever your choice is, remember you'll have to work on it, because there all older vehicles. The Deuce tool box is bigger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks