• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from lake charles la

bryan70546

Hello everyone My name is Bryan I live in lake charles la and i am in the market for my first MV The M35 . Problem is I have no clue on how to go about purchasing my truck , I have been doing research and looking at the vehicles on the GL website and I want to spend around 3500 for a good truck would like a desert tan but whatever i can get , i dont have a way to do a recovery and all the trucks i have found are out of state .I would love to find one in state so i could just look and maybe drive it home . I really dont want the hassle of the auction site , So if anyone know where I can find one in la are texas please let me know . I love the site and have been drooling over all the trucks .
Maybe one day soon I can join the ranks . Also Do you think $3500 would get me a good truck .
Thanks
Bryan

frodobaggins

I know where one is right now in Monroe, same guy where I got my truck.
I can go look at it and get prices and pics if you'd like.

bryan70546

I know where one is right now in Monroe, same guy where I got my truck.
I can go look at it and get prices and pics if you'd like.
Thanks for the quick reply if you dont mind doing that I would appriciate it alot . I will have my funds available buy june so i figured I better start looking now Pics will help out alot.

frodobaggins

Sure buddy, give me a few hours or so. Sometimes he has more than one, but not
usually on display.

Who knows, maybe I can get you a deal since I bought one a month ago :)

frodobaggins

This truck is nice, purrs like a kitten. Started up in 1/4 second. Real good power. Would
definitely drive to Lake Charles.

Slight surface rust.
Some rust on passenger side step.
Overhead bows in cab need adjustment.
Parking brake needs adjustment.

I drove this truck, and it's a little more expensive than you are looking for
@ $4500. But if I hadn't bought one already, or hell just had some extra
cash I would snatch this one up in a heartbeat.

He said he also has a friend with one in West Monroe, but it's not near
as nice, and doesn't know price. He's going to call him and give me that
info tomorrow.

Kevin

bryan70546

Kevin , First off thank you very much for taking the time to go out of your way to get pictures for me , That truck is what i am looking for it looks like it even has the heater installed , I would buy it for 4500 for that truck in a heartbeat I wont have the money till june and it will probley be gone by then . I will be leaving to go offshore for 2 weeks and will be checking the site daily , if its still there buy the time I get the money I will take it off his hands . If you get any info on the other truck send it my way .How often does this fellow get trucks in .Come on june i want my M35

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

With that flapper exhaust stack, I believe it is an Air Force Deuce. I understand that they aren't beat up as bad in general as the army trucks. I have one similar to that one (VIN is only 8 digits away) and it is in great shape and well maintained.

Doug

bryan70546

I have a good buddy of mine that told me the same thing last night when we were looking at them online , he is was also in the air force and said they tend to maintain them better I really like this truck but I have a feeling it wont be there by the time I get my money in. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the welcome I did not realize there were so many la members on here I called my dad last night and told him what I was looking to buy all he could say was be sure to come pick me up and take me for a ride. He was in the Army
Bryan

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome to the site glad to see another la member here. if your in shore on the weekend of june 27th dont miss the Louisian SS rally in Ponchatoula LA :-D

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bryan, just keep watching the GL auctions at Camp Beauregard up in Pineville. A bunch of us have gotten some really nice deuces from the LANG. They come up every couple of months and sell well below your budget. And, you are close enough to preview. The guys up there are a great bunch, and will get your truck jumped off if need be. Do a forum search on "Camp Beauregard" for everyone's story . . . you could be next!!

frodobaggins

Well the one I have sat there for 2 months before he sold it to me :) But he did sell 2 that month. He may have a few more, but he only puts one up at a time.

Do you have any money now ? He might take a deposit to hold it, never hurts to ask.

Kevin

bryan70546

Thanks for welcome everyone this wait is going to drive me nuts. I got the approvel from the wife as long long as I sale all my RC stuff the truck is cool with her my two girls cant wait to ride in it.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks