• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Melbourne Australia

spicergear

g'day back at you cobber, it's bonza to have a yarn with a bloke who can speak my lingo :D
Peter.
HA! I have evidence now! :mrgreen: Okay...I had been commissioning a machine in China for two weeks and could actually do well, and much better than my work partner, at understanding the Chinese speaking and/or trying to speak English.

I get to Australia and I didn't know what the heck you people were saying. I'm thinking to myself, "am I retarded, I know they're speaking English-?" In Sydney it wasn't too bad and I noticed the I could understand the women better than the men. -I was probably listening harder though...especially to the stunning young lady that worked at the I-MAX in Sydney...whew...

Sorry...Oh, right...as I got further west past the mountains and into the Outback the accent go so thick I really, really had to concentrate on what was being said. I guess a comparison for Americans would coming from up north somewhere then heading into the Creole area. Not a bad thing, just a different tune than you're used to.

That's neat you've worked with Roger (Fifi) from the first Mad Max Movie. I'm trying to stay in touch with Adrianne from the Mad Max Museum in hopes that sometime maybe he or some other Aussie may be able to get a line on an XB Falcon or one of the other same body cars that could be fitted with the body kits to end up like Max's XB GT Falcon. I say that in seriousness as not many folks have flown that far then driven the 16hrs from Sydney to Broken Hill to take picture of a sweeping turn in a road outside of Silverton.

"...I like the V8 Interceptors Mate, piece of history- would've been a shame to blow it up."

:)

Last edited:

droopypete

HA! I have evidence now! :mrgreen: Okay...I had been commissioning a machine in China for two weeks and could actually do well, and much better than my work partner, at understanding the Chinese speaking and/or trying to speak English.

I get to Australia and I didn't know what the heck you people were saying. I'm thinking to myself, "am I retarded, I know they're speaking English-?" In Sydney it wasn't too bad and I noticed the I could understand the women better than the men. -I was probably listening harder though...especially to the stunning young lady that worked at the I-MAX in Sydney...whew...

Sorry...Oh, right...as I got further west past the mountains and into the Outback the accent go so thick I really, really had to concentrate on what was being said. I guess a comparison for Americans would coming from up north somewhere then heading into the Creole area. Not a bad thing, just a different tune than you're used to.

That's neat you've worked with Roger (Fifi) from the first Mad Max Movie. I'm trying to stay in touch with Adrianne from the Mad Max Museum in hopes that sometime maybe he or some other Aussie may be able to get a line on an XB Falcon or one of the other same body cars that could be fitted with the body kits to end up like Max's XB GT Falcon. I say that in seriousness as not many folks have flown that far then driven the 16hrs from Sydney to Broken Hill to take picture of a sweeping turn in a road outside of Silverton.

"...I like the V8 Interceptors Mate, piece of history- would've been a shame to blow it up."

:)

A quick search and wow, look at those prices
1974 FORD FALCON 500 XB Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au matchany&__D=xb&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=122BC75648C0&__N=1216 1247 1252 1282 4294966463 4294966285&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=true&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Cr=3&__Ntt=xb&trecs=10

1973 XB Falcon Hardtop Coupe 351 C10 aussie muscle car | eBay

Aussie Ford muscle cars pull huge dollars good luck finding one, look for rust if you get lucky.
Peter.

Stan Leschert

Welcome in. Since Maple Leaf Up .org went down, we will expect to see all of the CMP owners here. God knows that there are a big bunch of mil owners down under, they have some really cool toys, and a great sense of Ha Ha!

spicergear

A quick search and wow, look at those prices
1974 FORD FALCON 500 XB Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au matchany&__D=xb&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=122BC75648C0&__N=1216 1247 1252 1282 4294966463 4294966285&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=true&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Cr=3&__Ntt=xb&trecs=10

1973 XB Falcon Hardtop Coupe 351 C10 aussie muscle car | eBay

Aussie Ford muscle cars pull huge dollars good luck finding one, look for rust if you get lucky.
Peter.
Yep, that's the problem. I don't need one that someone restored. I need a half decent body tub to build from or a project someone has lost interest in. Thanks for the quick search though! [thumbzup] Take care mate!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Texas. You right? I have been lucky to visit Australia several times including Melbourne. Can't beat watching those yachts leave Sidney Harbor through the heads for Tasmania on Boxing Day. Beautiful country. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Last edited:

droopypete

Welcome from Texas. You right? I have been lucky to visit Australia several times including Melbourne. Can beat watching those yachts leave Sidney Harbor through the heads for Tasmania on Boxing Day. Beautiful country. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

The Sydney harbour is a beautiful place, so is the city, it is just a bit fast for me, the coffee is better in Melbourne as well:).
Peter.