• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Michigan!

JimBot

Hi Everyone,

So, I wanted to register on the site because I'm looking at a 1952 M37. I would send the link to it but I haven't purchased yet and I don't want it to get snagged haha.. It has a roof, working winch, very little rust (fenders have some but it comes with replacements). It used to be a brush truck. Runs and drives, but brakes are squishy which prob means master cylinder, no biggie there.. otherwise she seems to be A-OK. Has silly paint but nothing a spray can can't fix in the very short term.

I am a lifelong car guy, gear head semi-extraordinaire (I'm currently restoring a Cherokee XJ which is nearly done), have an old Fiat and a couple of really old motorcycles.. I really was looking for an older pickup truck for some dirty in-town duty, hauling stuff from home depot and back, etc etc.. Of course, this is likely me just justifying the purchase of a nearly use-less military vehicle.. LOL. I don't live anywhere near a forest, but we do get a sh*t-ton of snow here in the Detroit area. I am 100% sure I'll be installing a heater in this rig.. although frankly I don't think I'll get around to doing anything with it until the spring.

Well, that's my intro .. perhaps this truck is my 40th birthday present, a little mid-life crisis if you will... my birthday IS around the corner!

Best,

Jim

AZK9

Hi Jim...

A 1952 M37 is an awesome MV... especially with a brush truck history.
Hope you get it!

Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I'm always glad to see more M-37 / M-42 trucks added to the site.

Good Luck with your new project, if you get it.

I bought my truck (a '52 M-37 also) as a mountain "beater" 35 years ago. It is the one in my avatar. You can see what happened; so be careful.

74M35A2

Hi Jim. I'm in Livonia. I should stop by with my 23,000lb 925A2 rolling through GP. Shouldn't get any attention, right? Welcome and good luck. I posted the first M35A2 I bought on CL for sale before I even bought it, to make sure I was able to get what I wanted for it. Hence my name, and I only owned it for a week.

If you wanted to make an extra buck, the rockers and door bottoms on my XJ need to be replaced.

JimBot

HAHA @74M35A2 .. yeah my XJ still needs some extra work but you should swing by sometime to hang and talk about how fun those are!! It's in the shop now for some more major stuff I can't do but I should have it back this week. It's basically a painted shell at this point but I hope to have it screwed together by the end of December.

JimBot

Thanks Storm 51 - Question, the tires you have seem to be the Michelin's everyone is talking about. I think my biggest concern with getting this truck is top speed.. 45 MPH is going to be tough, but if I can get tires big enough on those rims to go 60.. I might jump at this. The truck has a winch, has already been converted to 12V as well, and is sub-$5000 .. I think it's a good buy but I still want to be able to use this thing.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Good luck on your truck purchase. I had a 1951 M37 and really liked it. When I got it it had no brakes including missing wheel cylinders! After the rebuild she stopped pretty good. Have fun:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks