• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Middle Tennessee w/MEP-017A.

HotRod37

Been lurking for awhile. I've retired from electrical work and am fooling with a few generator sets. Getting my feet wet with a MEP-017A. Also I enjoy working on old trucks and cars. Thanks for your time. Rick AKA HotRod37

NormB

Ditto from Maryland, although I'll be relocating to Hampshire, TN (between Columbia and Hohenwald) in a handful of years.

Welcome to the group.

Norm

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick
Saved my MEP-017A from a salvage yard they had dropped it from a front end loader and bent the protective frame, replaced frame, found a voltage regulator for 35.00 and it runs great. Use it to run 3 phase equipment when needed. At the high rpm it runs at, it really screams. Good luck on your MEP-017A.

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from west Nashville! Always good to see more TN members come online. I look forward to meeting you someday.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget the movement.

Welcome from SOOK.

Generators is is where it starts, then of course trailers to put gens on, then you have to have something to pull trailers, load trailers......... on forever.
Welcome to the insanity.

Another Ahab

Generators is is where it starts, then of course trailers to put gens on, then you have to have something to pull trailers, load trailers......... on forever.
Welcome to the insanity.
Well, yeah, like then there's also airlifting, too; don't forget airlifting.....

airlift.jpg

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Generators is is where it starts, then of course trailers to put gens on, then you have to have something to pull trailers, load trailers......... on forever. Welcome to the insanity.
Wow, somehow I missed the trailer memo and jumped right to a truck! That explains why I can't go anywhere with the genny. Maybe I should divert to trailer from the "crane" train of thought. [thumbzup]

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ever you do your gonna need a forklift to load the MEP on the trailer to be pulled by your truck to go to the airfield to have it air lifted to I don't no where.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, somehow I missed the trailer memo and jumped right to a truck! That explains why I can't go anywhere with the genny. Maybe I should divert to trailer from the "crane" train of thought. [thumbzup]
Just a thought. A trailer with a crane. Two birds one stone.

Im going to have to do some research on forklifts.

The lift I use is green but IMG_1836.jpg Not quite OD.

Last edited:

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a thought. A trailer with a crane. Two birds one stone.

Im going to have to do some research on forklifts.

The lift I use is green but View attachment 666151 Not quite OD.
Nice tractor, no research necessary, that will work great, I suspect HotRod37 has a (hoist/crane/tractor or forklift) to move his Generators about, and load on his military trailer and pulled by his military truck.

Last edited: