• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Minnesota

maxspeed3

Hello,

About 2 weeks ago I bought my 1st deuce and a half. Its a 1976 Kaiser M35A2. It has roughly 22000 miles and 435 hours (I don't know how exact it is, if the engine was rebuilt etc.) but we'll go from there....I've always been interested in these trucks, so I decided to buy one, for a project truck/ show truck. For its age its in great shape, hardly any rust (just surface rust spots). The doors and bed look very new as well as the tires). An oil change is going to be the first order of business (its pretty black).....

Lets backup for a minute......Here is a little info about me. I'm 20, yes I said it 20, the younger generations are interested in these trucks too!! I really enjoy working on cars as a hobby as well as my new (well not brand new, but you get what I mean right)....truck. I plan to do a new paint job on the truck. But I want to make is something different, so thats why I have decided to start out flat black. No, I'm not going to leave it flat black, I plan do paint on a winter camo, flat black as a base coat, white, and different shades of grey. Almost a woodland camo, I know this won't be a true camo paint, but I want it to be different.

Also the wood on the troop seats is getting worn out, and a few pieces are rotted out. I plan to replace them with cedar 1x4s and stain them for a nice wood finish (also add new hardware to the seats too)

Overtime I hope for my truck to be a one of a kind and a real show piece. So please if you have any suggestions for my truck or any thoughts please leave me a comment. I'm new to this forum, but not new to the forum world, I've read and read about my car and read some more, so much that it hurts, but knowledge is the best weapon!!

Anyway thats enough for now.

Thanks!

Justin

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the new Deuce maxspeed its a great STARTER truck for anybody, and get used to ready TMs, they are very necessary to read through and will be a great help to you in the future, what part of MN are you in? I am located just outside of Fargo so feel free to PM me anytime you like and I would be glad to help you with questions etc. You have a very good truck but since nobody else said it yet WE NEED PICTURES!!!!! Keep us posted and like I said If I can help do not hesitate to ask! Good luck Maxspeed
KK

maxspeed3

Thanks for the replies!!

I'll post some photos of it this weekend. This weekend, the sanding and priming will begin, I think I'm going to start a "build album" with photos of the "work in progress", because it would be cool to see the before and after photos of it.

Justin

Hoefler

Make certain to wear gloves and mask when sanding CARC. It is supposed to be bad to breath in. If you are looking for new paint-try RAPCO-have used them and found the paint to be easy and inexpensive. Did mine with rattle cans.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks