• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Nacogdoches TX - new owner of an M925A1 5 ton

mkupka

Sorry, I posted these in the wrong thread. This is where the photos of my M925A1 belong. There were taken as it was being unnloaded, then when I parked it next to my tractor.

20150716_155304.jpg20150716_155246.jpg20150716_155429.jpg20150716_155442.jpg20150716_162516.jpg

two.fiveM35

Nice looking truck. There is a thread that discusses registering MVs in Texas, it would be beneficial to read it so you'll be armed with knowledge when registering it. It can be very challenging trying to get these trucks registered.

mkupka

Thanks for the info. I am waiting on the title. I paid for registration when I bought it on Gov Planet. I read that these are exempt from CDL requirements if registered as a farm vehicle. I think I will get the CDL though and register it as an FMV and I am thinking of painting my old TX Army National Guard Unit markings on it?

two.fiveM35

I don't think you need a cdl, but I do think you will need a class b license. If you do get a cdl, your license will be on a point system related to what type of moving violations you may get and also will not be able to take defensive driving. Btw, you won't be able to use that truck to take you air brake test. It doesn't have the type of parking brake required on the air brake exam.

mkupka

I don't think you need a cdl, but I do think you will need a class b license. If you do get a cdl, your license will be on a point system related to what type of moving violations you may get and also will not be able to take defensive driving. Btw, you won't be able to use that truck to take you air brake test. It doesn't have the type of parking brake required on the air brake exam.
Wow, Class B license, that's good to know. Thanks for pointing out the CDL restrictions. Bummer about the not being able to use this truck for the air brake test too. Will I need to get an Airbrake endorsement with a Class B license?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mkupta, As FMVs but the first one was with the bumper numbers stenciled on as my tags. This is on the deuce and I have been pulled over twice in three years to get the privilege of educating our local law enforcement personnel about the laws. Despite having the documentation as suggested in the thread, the last one just wasn't buying what I was selling. He insisted that the truck needed the registration sticker on the windshield. He did stop short of writing a citation saying he would the next time he saw me. It hasn't happened so either he does not work near my LZ anymore, or he read up on the subject. Subsequently, I went with FMV tags and that has been helpful since my big trucks are used for recoveries and I have not had issues getting on bases that way. Either way, come registration and titling time, you will need to be patient while probably educating the clerks at the tax office. That write-up that Chaplain John put together (the thread) was worth its weight in gold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks