• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Niagara Ontario Canada

Sandorjoben

Dear everyone,

I don't currently own any military vehicles, however, having previously owned a 1987 GMC V15 that I miss dearly (although I do not miss the 7-9mpg from the gasoline engine), I have a strong desire to acquire either an Chev M1008 or m1009 at some point in the not so distant future and thought this'd be the ideal place to do some research before taking the plunge. Thanks for having me.

Dave

DieselBob

Welcome Dave. Great site to find information on just about any “green iron”. Was just up in your neck of the woods last year on vacation. Very nice area.

Sandorjoben

Thanks for the welcome. I seem to be leaning more towards liking the M1009, however I can't say I've ever come across one around here or even seen one for sale, I have seen the odd M1008 in use and for sale though. There seems to be slim pickin's around here.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Canadian Green hunt. Over the winter these guys http://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&vndsld=0 leaked a few M1010's out and with you being down East....or would that be out East..... down and over East over there to the right side of the map....... you are close to most of the sales.

It's not active all the time and very few ex-military units roll through but if you keep checking, ya just never know.

Kijiji seems to be a sales point for some folks and I search 'military' to find trucks or jeeps.....or deuces......... or parts...... and we just keep spending and spending and spending and you'll become addicted too.......and spend and spend and..... are you sure you don't want a deuce????