• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Northern California

crazycasey

Hey folks,

My name is Casey Hudson and I live in the Sonoma County/Wine Country area of Northern California. I just bought my first MV, a 1954 M211 Deuce and a Half, and found these Forums while searching for it. These forums have already been indispensable for information and parts, and I've only been lurking here for about a week.

I've always had a love for vintage metal, and worked for a few years building hot rods and custom cars. I've always wanted a big truck, and while I originally started out looking for an M35a2 "Whistler", I couldn't resist the mid-century charm of this M211 when I came across it.

My M211 was "restored" in the early 90's (looks like all they did was spray it and give it a tune-up), and converted to a dump bed (very close to a M215) sometime before that.

My plan for the truck is to convert it back to an M211 Cargo, and restore it properly, so that it can be preserved for future generations. I also intend to use this truck. I know that can be quite an undertaking with one of these auto-trans M211's, but that's my plan, and I'm confident that the Steel Soldiers community can help me find the parts I need to keep this old girl on the road.

Anyway, that's my introduction. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to meeting some of you.

Thanks,
Casey Hudson

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Welcome to the boards man! Pretty good looking truck you have there. Remember, this is the world of " If it ain't broke, fix it till you are!) But in all seriousness, you will find all the info, good people, friends, and parts contacts you need here. Remember to do pre and post drive inspections. On another note, Sonoma and Petaluma are beautiful places but I do not envy you for living there. Was out there about this time last year and you couldn't pay me to live there. No offense, just not my cup of tea.

crazycasey

None taken Jeepsinker,

I hate Northern California. And probably for all the same reasons you do. If I could find an easy way out of here I'd take it, but it's hard to relocate your whole life. In the meantime, I try to focus on the positive aspects of the place, like the weather, and the natural beauty. Haha. And I try to ignore all the smug Prius drivers begging their local government to ban all things that are not "green".

Jeepsinker

Just make sure all the Prius drivers notice you every time you get out on the road, and put some smartass remark about you going green on the tailgate. Lol
i wouldn't piss on a Prius or its owner if they were on fire.

crazycasey

If I wasn't such a sucker for originality I would totally do that Jeepsinker. And as far as MAKING them notice me...that shouldn't be an issue. Though pissing them off will only result in them trying to ban Military Vehicles. This state already banned diesels and rifles...wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine...

Jeepsinker

Maybe someday they will turn their act around, but I doubt it. At least not in my or my children or grandchildren's lifetime. ( none of which have been conceived as of yet) if you want to live life somewhat free get outta there. I was only there for half a day before I was ready to strangle someone.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI CAM00030.jpgP8020001.jpgI agree with the not so love for cali stuck too,i have an M34 and a M756A2 both rare item's .
I see that you are not to far(newark here) too also have an M880/890 and an M818

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks