• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from PA

61sleepercab

Welcome to the site. I would suggest that you study your options you like and then try a drive in one. It is one thing to read about one than get in the seat of a 5 ton and go roaring down the road. Things to consider are your state's drivers license and registration plate costs with the cost of required insurance. There are some specialty insurance companies that will cover military vehicles for shows at a decent rate.
I went from driving pickup trucks to driving State Road buses and dump trucks in the summers so I am used to big stuff. Remember that this stuff is not big toys and it takes a while to turn, stop and avoid idiots on the road who cut you off or try to occupy your lane at the same time as you!!!
I have owned a Willys MB jeep , Studabaker WWII duece, M35a2 deuce and a 5 ton and have had fun with all. The 5 ton was the most expensive but in the best shape with just fuel it up and go.
Guys on the site like pictures with posts so keep me posted with your progress. Good luck!!!!! Mark

mydingo

Welcome. Military trucks are like potato chips ... You can't have only one. 14 months ago I had no green iron. Now look at me. A great show is coming up in Sussex NJ. April 26,27. Not far from you at all . I will be at it with 1 or 2 of my trucks.

gunboy1656

Welcome. What type of truck(s) are you interested in? I say trucks due to the fact that as they sit more seem to appear out of nowhere.

Last edited:

mgerencs

Thanks for the information. I will keep it in mind

Welcome to the site. I would suggest that you study your options you like and then try a drive in one. It is one thing to read about one than get in the seat of a 5 ton and go roaring down the road. Things to consider are your state's drivers license and registration plate costs with the cost of required insurance. There are some specialty insurance companies that will cover military vehicles for shows at a decent rate.
I went from driving pickup trucks to driving State Road buses and dump trucks in the summers so I am used to big stuff. Remember that this stuff is not big toys and it takes a while to turn, stop and avoid idiots on the road who cut you off or try to occupy your lane at the same time as you!!!
I have owned a Willys MB jeep , Studabaker WWII duece, M35a2 deuce and a 5 ton and have had fun with all. The 5 ton was the most expensive but in the best shape with just fuel it up and go.
Guys on the site like pictures with posts so keep me posted with your progress. Good luck!!!!! Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks