• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from PA.

richark998

I've been on your site for some time now and I think I'd better introduce myself. I'm from Slippery Rock, in Western Pa. about 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. I started collecting military vehicles about three years ago and, like some people say, they are just like potato chips - you can't have just one. My first one was an uncut 1976 M151A-2 MUTT, then came a 1944 MB (Currently getting a body off restoration), followed last fall by an M998 HMMWV that I modified to M1025 and, finally (for now), I bought a 1962 M170 that was previously restored. The "previously restored" was very important since I'm starting to slow down since retirement. I know everybody likes pictures, so I'll be posting as soon as I can get some decent ones together. Thanks for all the information I've been able to collect from everybody on this site. Its been a fantastic educational experience.

gunboy1656

Welcome from an hour south of you. Sounds like quite a collection. I was beginning to wonder if anyone local had an M151, I know of someone who would like a ride in one someday (other then me).

Can't wait to see your toys.

acmunro

Welcome from Brookville, PA My wife used to work over that direction at the Iron Mountain Facility. She used to drive back and forth every day. We would both love your M1025.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from central NC to the site . We hope you find as much enjoyment and information on it as we do!

Whitey

Welcome from south of the Mason-Dixon, MD says hello! I was also wondering about the A2 MUTT, do you have ROPS, gun mount, and/or radios? Seeing what's out there. Welcome once again.

richark998

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Well, here goes. I am posting pictures of all the military vehicles I have on the Members Rides section. The explanation will be with them. I don't have any good pics of my MB since it is pretty well in pieces right now getting ready to remove the body. When I first got it the thing had been through multiple owners that had tried to turn it into a CJ2a. It had the wrong windshield and lots of holes in the wrong places and the wrong lights. But it had no rust - I liked that. I went down through seven different colors of paint but couldn't find the hood numbers. The first owner had probably sanded them off after filling the screws that held the grease gun bracket. I havent checked the right side of the hood yet. Well, I can let the pictures of the other vehicles speak for themselves. See them on the Members Rides.

Jesse19rap

Hello!! I was about to post my first message.... "Hello from PA" and then i saw your post. I actually graduated from SRU and currently live in Pittsburgh. Good luck with all your projects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks