• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Siegburg, Germany

Elektroman99

Hello everybody,
I'm Bernd Falkenhain from Germany, Siegburg ... that's near Cologne and I'm actually looking for a Chevrolet Blazer (K5 / M1009).
I am always open to tips and suggestions and you can contact me via PM.

greetings
BF

Hallo Zusammen,
ich bin Bernd Falkenhain aus Germany, Siegburg… das ist in der Nähe von Köln und suche eigentlich einen Chevrolet Blazer (K5 / M1009).
Für Tipps, Anregungen bin ich immer offen und man kann mich gern via PM kontaktieren.

Grüße
BF

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
..........welcome from the Rhein Main area....... I have an M1009 and have not seen it yet.........

Elektroman99

Vielen Dank an alle für die „Willkommens Grüße“.

Ich habe gleich mehrere Probleme (Herausforderungen):
Ich habe keine wirkliche Garage oder Werkstadt, nur normale „Haus Mann“ Werkzeug, ich selber bin kein Auto Mechaniker, ich habe keine wirkliche Ahnung davon, wie im Moment der halbwegs realistische Preis eines K5 M1009 in Deutschland ist, ich habe weder spezielles Werkzeug zum Schweißen, noch Kenntnis.

Zusätzlich bin ich nicht jemand der Gestern im „Lotto“ gewonnen hat und einfach einen „wiederaufbereiteten“ K5 vom Markt weg kaufen kann.

Ich habe mich einfach in das Auto verliebt und überlege jetzt, wie ich es realistisch anstellen und organisieren kann, das Auto aufzubereiten, was für mich machbar ist und was einfach nicht.

Ich bin wirklich für jeden realistischen Tipp / Radschlag / Hinweis dankbar. Ich bin auf dieses Fahrzeug – wenn ich es denn einmal erwerben werde – zurzeit absolut nicht angewiesen, es wird also ein reines Luxusobjekt.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Many thanks to everyone for the "welcome greetings".

I have several problems (challenges):
I don't have a real garage or workshop, just normal "house man" tools, I'm not a car mechanic myself, I have no real idea what the reasonably realistic price of a K5 M1009 is in Germany at the moment, I don't have any special tools for Welding, still knowledge.

In addition, I am not someone who won the “lottery” yesterday and can simply buy a “reconditioned” K5 off the market.

I just fell in love with the car and am now thinking about how I can do it realistically and organize it, recondition the car, what is feasible for me and what is simply not.

I am really grateful for every realistic tip / wheel flip / hint. At the moment I am absolutely not dependent on this vehicle - if I do buy it - so it will be a purely luxury object.

Last edited:

Elektroman99

Now I was at the end of the thread, now I got it.
... then of course I wish you a lot of fun and a long, defect-free time with the K5 M1009! :cool:(y)

I just ask myself, how do you get in contact with "companies" or "private CUV fans" who sell an M1009 or even recondition it .... :unsure:

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you always have to keep your eyes and ears open ...... the problem is that in Germany the M1009 are mostly tinkered and actually much too expensive for that.
Even if there are people who say otherwise........ in the end, every good M1009 has the same price there are just different ways of getting there.
You either spend a little more on a good car right from the start....... or you spend less ....... but in the end after a few spare parts a lot of time and trouble, the bill will be similar.

.... and never forget the original preserved cars only know one direction at the price......... it goes up

If you have any questions you can send me a PM ......... English is not one of my strengths

joshuak

I have several problems (challenges):
I don't have a real garage or workshop, just normal "house man" tools, I'm not a car mechanic myself, I have no real idea what the reasonably realistic price of a K5 M1009 is in Germany at the moment, I don't have any special tools for Welding, still knowledge.

Welcome aboard! Good luck with the search.
Don't let the sentence I highlighted discourage you. One can do a lot of what is needed with normal tools and without a shop.

......... English is not one of my strengths

Could have fooled me, I wish some folks I work with wrote as well as you do, college degrees and all.

Elektroman99

Could have fooled me, I wish some folks I work with wrote as well as you do, college degrees and all.
More of a philosophical approach ...

It's always such a thing with language. You can learn a foreign language, and yet you will know the "many small" peculiarities / empty phrases.
You can live in a country and never have properly learned your own mother tongue. Partly due to no fault of external circumstances and partly due to personal ignorance.
:unsure:

joshuak

More of a philosophical approach ...

It's always such a thing with language. You can learn a foreign language, and yet you will know the "many small" peculiarities / empty phrases.
You can live in a country and never have properly learned your own mother tongue. Partly due to no fault of external circumstances and partly due to personal ignorance.
:unsure:
Very true. It seems that many things require work and effort. Whether we are willing to do it or not is a different story.

I just ask myself, how do you get in contact with "companies" or "private CUV fans" who sell an M1009 or even recondition it .... :unsure:
Steelsoldiers is the best place to start in my opinion. There is an M1009 in the classifieds that was recently posted. Link here.

If you find a private party that is selling and you would like a 3rd party to inspect and/or share pictures, make a post. I'm sure most members would be willing to view for you, I would anyway.

Good luck with the search.

@ joshuak....... take away my dictionary and the ..ogle translator ........ then I'm lost.......LOL
I applaud your effort sir, excellent results. Also, I like and try to put into practice the quote in your signature line, good stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks