• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from South Central Ohio

dclever

Hello everyone,

Basically signed up because I am looking at buying a trailer on GL pretty soon and wanted to gather as much information as I can prior to the purchase. This looks to be a very informative site, and I am excited to be a member.

dclever

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from the South East part of the state. There is at least one other member from Chillicothe that I am aware of. Good luck on your future purchase

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I ain't LEFT either, I'm kinda in the middle.

Do you know the model of trailer you are thinking of buying? Some buy M105s and realize their Geo Tracker can't pull it. Maybe we could offer some insight.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Dayton. Cjcottrill is from Chillicothe as well so you may want to reach out to him.

You really should buy the truck first, that way it will be easier to get the trailer home. ;-)

dclever

I have a full size SUV, and I am looking at a M103A3 that has dual generators right now that is over in Wright Pat. Two of us are thinking of going in to get it (i want the trailer, he wants the generators).

To my knowledge an empty M103A3 sans generators would be around 1 ton? Am I close?
My SUV can tow up to 9K, so I am not too worried about it pulling her home as long as nothing is wrong with her.

Oh and trust me, if the wifey would let me buy a deuce, it would be in my driveway tomorrow haha I will have to break her in slowly, first the trailer, then the deuce, until then my SUV will handle her just fine.

jbingvtx

Welcome from a Ohio native currently in WV. Trailers are a great way to sneak into the hobby. I've been to the motorcycle rally in Chillicothe a few times :shock: wild stuff.

JimH

Welcome. There is a lot of good help available here. You might want to check the trailer out carefully. It looked to me that it might be an M105. GL is buyer beware!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks