• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Texas!!

Deano

Hello! My name is Deano. I am from Argyle Texas and I have a few questions. I have done about an hour of searching on this site and around but couldnt find what I needed. I currently have a 20ft utility trailer that takes up space in my garage and never gets used so I am considering trading it on a M101A3 trailer. I think I would get tons more use out of it. My question is: are they 100% street legal and able to be licensed in the state of Texas? I dont want to screw myself over. I have seen a few around but not quite sure what kind of "paperwork" if any needs to be done to own one. If it is as simple as going to the tax office for some plates then that would be perfect. I hope I am not overthinking any of this. Thank you all in advance for the help. I hope to learn a lot from yall!

86m1028

Welcome

Easiest way I have found is keep it registered under 4000 pounds.
You can run "home made" trailer plates on it.

Texas doesn't want to title anything under 4k.

The A3's are hard to find in our area, good luck.

Pm me about your trailer.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, I use mine about every 2 or 3 weeks. Just gotta get a title and ensure you change the electrical plug in for a civilian one and the bulbs from 24 to 12 volt (unless it has LED lights--they already work on either). A3 is on HMMWV tires. A2 sits lower on standard light truck tires. Pick whichever one fits your needs.

Deano

Hey thanks yall. I found some on Craigslist. They are the A2s. I was mistaken. They were all referbished in 2009 I guess and they guy has some with and without the tarp. I am looking at a tarped trailer for camping. Thanks again. I will keep doing some research.

trooper632

If you are looking for one for camping you may want to go with a M1101 little bit bigger and aluminum no rust issues, Where is Argyle

Deano

Ive seen them between $400 and $1200. There was on guy that said his 3 were restored by the military in 2009. They looked great.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture that a member posted of his 105, 1102 and 101 side by side. This was the picture that made me choose the 1102 over a 101, but don't think you can go wrong with either.

Be sure to post some pictures of your trailer when you buy it and pictures of your upgrades.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Deano

Hey thanks for the pic. I'm leaning towards the 1102 now. What kind of price range should I looking for ? I found one on craigslist for $1100. That seems steep to me.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard between $1000-2000 for a good quality trailer. I bought mine through GL, and bought two good ones and one bad one. If you like to gamble, that may be an option, but you should research that choice well before jumping in the deep end. I have made several great purchases, but I have also bought things that I had to write off as a total loss.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks