• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from the Nashville, Tennessee area

BigJohnTN

Hey Guys...I'm from Hermitage, TN...just east of downtown Nashville.

Been a registered member here for a couple of years. I just realized that I haven't made any posts to the site.

I usually just cruise through the classified ads looking for a M35A2 or A3.

I'm going to try to get more involved on the site.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and the Georgia Rally is coming up. Come on down and see the show. ;-)

Orionspath

Welcome back......Me too. Well this was a reply meant for the guy who couldn't decide on an M35 or M923. Apparently I either type too slow or lost connection: This is now for you, man without a truck......

Hard decision for you at this point in your investment......I've had more than its weight in fun over the last 7 years with my 1988 M35A2C. Man once you get the fever it grips hold of you and will wreck just about everything in your life so be darn sure you know what you want before you buy.
long hauling is the best part of owning a Cargo Truck like this. My longest straight drive was 5 hours from the mountains in Northern Virginia to the Beach in Lower Delaware. Solitude. Steady humm of drive train. Good times.
Few years back I get a call from an Army veteran that is interested in buying the deuce. Wife does a 180 and says there is no way you can sell that truck......it has become a part of our annual 4th July Parade celebration at the beach. All the children in the neighborhood will be so disappointed. I'm thinking to myself, "hmmm, sell this and step up to an M925A2.......I tell her if I sell it I'll get another one, even better.
But then i think about it a while......Bird in hand better than 2 in the bush. Moral to the story: Make sure you get what you want the first time you buy. M923's and 925's weren't available when I bought my Tan Deuce. If they were and all things being equal......I'd invest in the M925A2.
I remain content with my little truck.........and trailer full of parts.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not to far from you in Dickson. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

BigJohnTN

Welcome back......Me too. Well this was a reply meant for the guy who couldn't decide on an M35 or M923. Apparently I either type too slow or lost connection: This is now for you, man without a truck......

Hard decision for you at this point in your investment......I've had more than its weight in fun over the last 7 years with my 1988 M35A2C. Man once you get the fever it grips hold of you and will wreck just about everything in your life so be darn sure you know what you want before you buy.
long hauling is the best part of owning a Cargo Truck like this. My longest straight drive was 5 hours from the mountains in Northern Virginia to the Beach in Lower Delaware. Solitude. Steady humm of drive train. Good times.
Few years back I get a call from an Army veteran that is interested in buying the deuce. Wife does a 180 and says there is no way you can sell that truck......it has become a part of our annual 4th July Parade celebration at the beach. All the children in the neighborhood will be so disappointed. I'm thinking to myself, "hmmm, sell this and step up to an M925A2.......I tell her if I sell it I'll get another one, even better.
But then i think about it a while......Bird in hand better than 2 in the bush. Moral to the story: Make sure you get what you want the first time you buy. M923's and 925's weren't available when I bought my Tan Deuce. If they were and all things being equal......I'd invest in the M925A2.
I remain content with my little truck.........and trailer full of parts.
Now U got me thinking 5-ton.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks