• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Utah!

2INSANE

Howdie! I'm new to SS. I roll with a civilian 83 GMC 3/4 ton 6.2L long bed truck. 1970 Alaskan Camper:) Pop up!
1984 M1009 getting totally new make over!
And soon to buy a m101a2 trailer to put the Alaskan Camper on and Tow chins blazer when done:) the guy said it's a 3/4 ton? Not sure what model.
It's a pleasure to be here with such a badazz group such as yourselfs! I'm looking forward to our soon to be near future talks!

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Welcome aboard.

If you have any questions about your M1009 hit the search button at the top of the page and select "advanced search" That will take you to a list where you'll find all the required maintenance and parts manuals on the top line. Not far below that is the CUCV forum where there are a gazillion existing threads on your truck.

If I understand correctly the M1009 has the same running gear as the civilian 1/2 ton model but since 3/4 ton is closer to what it will actually carry that is what Uncle designated it. A search or post over on the CUCV forum will get someone who is maybe more knowledgeable to confirm or deny the weight rating.

Vehicle specific questions will get a lot more responses if you post the question in the correct forum. Most folks seem to open posts based on which forums they personally watch since there is too much traffic about too many types of vehicle for them to keep up with everything.

From you screen name I suspect that you may have found a new home away from home...

Good Luck.

Lance

2INSANE

Welcome aboard.

If you have any questions about your M1009 hit the search button at the top of the page and select "advanced search" That will take you to a list where you'll find all the required maintenance and parts manuals on the top line. Not far below that is the CUCV forum where there are a gazillion existing threads on your truck.

If I understand correctly the M1009 has the same running gear as the civilian 1/2 ton model but since 3/4 ton is closer to what it will actually carry that is what Uncle designated it. A search or post over on the CUCV forum will get someone who is maybe more knowledgeable to confirm or deny the weight rating.

Vehicle specific questions will get a lot more responses if you post the question in the correct forum. Most folks seem to open posts based on which forums they personally watch since there is too much traffic about too many types of vehicle for them to keep up with everything.

From you screen name I suspect that you may have found a new home away from home...

Good Luck.

Lance
Thanks for the info Lance!! My m1009 came stock with 1/2 ton axles with 3.08 gear ratios.

My Civillian GMC truck has a 10 bolt front with 14 bolt FF rear axles with 4.10 gears.

Right now I'm swapping 1tons on the blazer with 4.56 ratios and ARB air lockers front and rear with a 56" front spring swap and a 64" rear spring swap using mostly DIY4x.com suspension parts. Softtop, truck tailgate swap, 60gal fuel cell/toolbox combo, blazingoffroad.com rear bumper and a vented cowl hood so far. I'll try to get a build page going on!

2INSANE

Welcome from Indiana
Thanks!!
Sounds like you've done this before. Don't forget the bigger transmission cooler if you are going to be towing much or in hilly terrain.

Lance
Thx for the advice Lance! I'm 100% new to SS! I've got accounts with other sites with kinda the same format:)

Welcome from SC.
Thanks Craig!

Welcome form new mexico. Enjoy the site.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I sure will fit right in;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks