• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Virginia...

urdrvideo

Welcome from the center of the largest military installation in the world (Hampton Roads)

I've wanted an M35 since I was a kid, now pushing 40 I have convinced the wife to let me move forward... Then I found the M923 ( really want a M925 but I digress)

I havent scored a truck yet, but I am hoping because of my location it won't be too tough to get my hands on one.

I wanted to go ahead and join so i could gather as much info and resources as possible before putting the monster in the driveway...

It should look pretty sweet sitting beside my wife's Ram 3500 Cummins CTD.

~D

urdrvideo

The closer I can stay to home base the more economical it will be to get, so I've got my eye on Portsmouth, I haven't seen anything pop up at Eustis which I find odd since its a transportation base
Probably anywhere from MD-GA, anything out of the area Ill have to try and buy a grade B truck, locally I would be willing to go grade F

Luckily I have friends at the "Finks" towing company for local transportation

I think I need to stay close to home on my first unit, once my feet are good and soaked ill be more adventurous .

~D

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, lots of trucks out there, get one of each, everyone else does...
JC

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS from ND! If you find a good 939 series truck I would not worry to much about driving it a few hundred miles, if its a good truck its well worth the little extra money your spending on fuel. If you have not driven BIGGER trucks in the past do some reading and if you have somebody near you that has one ask them to give you a lesson again this would be VERY WELL worth your time. Make sure you have it insured when you pick it up and just be smart about everything you do in getting it home, these trucks are big and could cause a lot of trouble if things get out of hand! Good luck and keep us posted!
KK

urdrvideo

Thanks to this forum I have met Cruceno in person, and I am now well on my way to having a 923 in the driveway...

Thanks again Cruceno for meeting with me, letting me bend your ear for a while and showing me some of the "ropes"... My man stepped right up on his day off and gave me a couple hours of his time
On another note I have found 6TL batteries in stock at my local Interstate Battery Hub, with my business discount a new set of 4 is roughly $600.00, about half of what I was seeing a set priced for online.
If anybody semi local needs a set i'll extend you my discount saving you a bit of cash.

~D

bphillips

Howdy and welcome from up north in Strasburg, VA. PA seems to be a good source for trucks as well, and it's closer than GA. I'm guessing you're avoiding it for salt reasons?

urdrvideo

Howdy and welcome from up north in Strasburg, VA. PA seems to be a good source for trucks as well, and it's closer than GA. I'm guessing you're avoiding it for salt reasons?
You hit the nail on the head... Even when buying cars I generally shy away from anything north of Maryland.
I know with military stuff it may not be the same situation (who knows where some of the stuff lived its life.)
old habits die hard though.

Capehenery

I know this is an old thread but since most of you are local to Hampton Roads I thought I see if any of you want to get together?
I'm in Virginia Beach and have met a couple of guys but think it would be great to set up a larger meeting.

Allen

renodogs

Howdy from Reno, Nevada! May you clean bugs off your teeth, bleed from the knuckles, and smell of military canvas!

Good luck on your acquisition, and when your relatives and friends ask 'what are you going to do with that?', simply mumble something unintelligible about 'where is your Swingline stapler', smile and drool.

Sephirothq

Good talking to you the other day. Let me know if you want to stop up and take a look. I should have mentioned that I also have a few of the M35a2 trucks if you wanted on of those instead of the M925a2 I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks