• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Washington State

Nexquietus

Hello from the Dry side of Washington State. I have been lurking for a few weeks, and am definitely interested a Duce, just trying to look at the logistics involved. I have never driven one, let alone sat in one, but for fear of sounding goofy and not just a little Walter Mitty like, It would be cool rollin in a piece of military history.

See you around

jim

MilitaryRestoration

Hello there and welcome aboard!!! This is a great site with many great great knowledgeable people here, always willing to give a hand or opinion...

If you are in the market for trucks, parts etc I'm just a hop skip and jump away so let me know. I'm actually going to be getting rid of a deuce for very reasonable price so keep in touch. You can pm or email me militaryrestoration@yahoo.com or always call me as well 360 608 6484. Welcome again! -Todd

JAYHAWK 1962

welcome! i can agree with military restorations (and thanks for the tow bar feet!!) hope you are doing well! this is a great site with a lot of patient friendly knowledgeable people. the best time you will have can be in a deuce and a half!! just let it happen!! by the way it is cool!!!

wsucougarx

Hello from the very much wet and liberal:roll: side of the state...I need to get east of the mountains!! Welcome Aboard!!! Great to see more PNW MV'ers joining our ranks. You should check out Todds (MilitaryRestoration) place. He's got a dag gone motorpool:wink:. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. The more OD addicts the better....well just as long as we're not driving up the bids against each other:wink:

Nexquietus

At this point I am wishing from a distance sort a' speak. I recently graduated nursing school so things are changing pretty rapidly for us. We move in to our new house this weekend and then things can stabilize for a while. There is a nice place in the side yard that the previous owner used for RV storage, so in my mind's eye, I can see a Deuce there.:-D

I guess there are more appropriate threads around here, and I'll look more thoroughly after a bit, but in a way I am further introducing myself... I want to buy this primarily for camping with my son and our friends and to just generally drive around and look cool in. Is it pretty common to get Deuces that can be more of a hobby, and less of a chore to maintain? I have no problem fixing the occasional bug / breakdown, but is the need constant? Looking at this question, it looks an awful like I want a new truck that won't have problems, but I DO realize that many of these trucks are older than I am. I want something that I can do stuff to, modify upgrade and generally mess with, but I don't want to struggle to keep it running, something that would generally cause the wife to go in to grumble mode.

Thanks fellas for the warm welcomes, and I'll certinally have to get in touch with you, MilitaryRestoration sometime in the future and any of the other regional folks.

jim

res0wc18

They are loads of fun. Like any thing else though there is no end to the involvement or obsession. You will soon be what the wife says "over involved"

wsucougarx

Jim, hobby?? LOL, my adventure first started into looking at VW Cabriolets to tinker on. One thing led to another and boom I got my first deuce in AUG08. My thoughts were to get just one....five trucks later...LOL. There is something about MV ownership that surpasses everything else. You'll find out soon enough:wink:

AaronW

Welcome from the "wet side". Keep your ear to the ground for info on the upcoming (2010)early summer PNW convoy. Do a search on "Chehalis" for a full report on this years awesome event.

AN/ARC186

Welcome from the Great Pacific Northwet!!
The new place has RV storage already? Just remember, RV also stands for "Rugged Vehicle" so on just that alone it would be a shame to see all that space go to waste!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy Jim. :-D
And welcome to the site.
Don't listen to them Wet West-siders, High desert is the life for me.

I am a bit more local than the others that have replied (out off of Badger Rd, Kennewick).
I am around most weekends and I have the beginnings of my own motor pool.

An added plus is I also have 5 acres where you can get accustomed to a deuce before taking it onto a public road roads.

I will PM you with some contact info.

Nexquietus

Thanks for all the welcomes, and words of warning :-D. We're finally moved in and we just got the computer up and running. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better as I dig around on here.

jim

bigelk50

Welcome from Oregon. There are tons of great peoples up your way that can help you out. The only medicine for the addiction is... more green iron!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks