• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Western Colorado

71Ironhead

I am new here, but have already spent some time digging through the tons of info here. Been keeping my eye out for a m109a4 for camper project (I outgrew my previous camper). I am familiar working with oldies and not afraid of busting knuckles as I keep a 37 Chevy truck as an almost daily driver... Thanks for all of the info you have all made available -Greg

71Ironhead

Thanks for the welcome. I know the "market" is drying up...and have yet to find the one I want. Always a day late... I have patience and with a bit of luck, will soon be posting project pics. (and winter is knocking on our door)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. A '71 Ironhead needs to be worked on also, to keep it rolling. These trucks are very easy to maintain, you may need to procure larger tools.
All the info you needs is on this site.

71Ironhead

Who doesn't love an excuse to get more tools. Thanks for the encouragement. Everything I have worked in is mechanical. (Electrical systems are witchcraft). I look forward to the challenge. Now to find the machine
in the desert of Western Colorado....

oboyjohn

Hello from the eastern side of Canada. This site has guys that are guru`s of knowledge on your truck. If you have any questions, don`t be afraid to ask.

Cheers from just outside of Montreal!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Nevada. Good Luck with your search, be patient and you'll find the right truck.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m having a brain fart once again... there’s a gentleman in CO, Ft Collins maybe who converted his 109 into a gun truck by removing the shop section and installing a A3 bed he bought from me. If you check the gun truck section, you should find his name and contact info. He had the shop section set off the side and he was looking to sell it. Maybe find a cab and chassis and hang the shop on back? Just a thought...

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea. Thanks for the thought. I will look into that... That could work.
Also, coming up to Wyoming of I25 is a placed called Terry Bison Ranch. There is a cab and chassis towards the south end of the property. I know nothing about it except you can see it from the Interstate. There may be a second vehicle just as you enter the property. Terry Bison Ranch is set up with a bar and restaurant, RV Park, small hotel (?) and tours of the ranch which has buffalo and camels and deer and elk and....