• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello Misfits, new guy from Tx here.

WatchThis

Long time listener first time caller..... wait that's not right.Been reading this forum for a few years now but never signed up, did it a while back simply to use the search for something I was curious about(talk about a disappointment). I've been on other automotive forums for years now just never really felt the need to join this one. Well that has changed. Why you ask? If you are still reading at this point I will tell you about myself and my plans for the future.Always been the kind of guy who enjoys working on things and have been fortunate enough to turn winches on quit a few different kinds of vehicles and equipment in my 37 years. I've spent a great deal of my time doing the 4x4 and jeep thing, was involved in offroad racing for a bit on the crew and crewchief side and have broken just about every part you can break on a jeep and have done it in a large portion of the good oll U.S. of A. I have gotten to the point in my life where dragging my jeep or someone else's race rig across the country at a high rate of speed to spend the weekend wheeling and or turning wrenches (while spending large piles of cash) just isn't as fun as it used to be. Don't hardly do it anymore and now I have decided on a change of pace and want a new vehicle to work on. (Finely getting to my point here, still with me?)Every since I was a little kid I have been in love with M35s, always said I was going to have one one day but the few I have went to look at over the years were junk and not woth fooling with. It's finally time to scratch that itch and give myself something to dive into. I am now on the lookout for an early multifueled M35a2 that is in decent enough shape but does not have to be anywere near perfect. I plan on striping it down and redoing everything that I can get parts for. Hopefully that will keep me busy for a year or so. I have spent most of my adult life keeping a couple of drilling rigs with parts built in the 40's and 50's going and really love working on old iron. My goal is to completely rebuild a truck and then collect enough spare parts to do it again at least one more time. If I make it another 50 years I want to be that old man who drives up in a 100 year old truck while everyone else has their cars drive them around. All that being said, Hello from the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas.

m715mike

Howdy from just northwest of Houston! Welcome to the site.

Check out these guys >>>
http://rockwelloffroad.com/

They are (or were?) a vendor here on SS. A couple years ago, the owner of Rockwell Offroad had some M35s for sale. He may still have some. They are located in Diboll, Texas off Highway 59.

Disclaimer - Apart from being a customer, I am not affiliated with Rockwell Offroad.

71DeuceAK

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Yes, it's a slippery slope; I almost overnight from wanting a stock Deuce as a mud truck to wanting to daily drive one or an M939 series 5 ton. 98G here can tell you I almost bought a M927A2 as my first vehicle.

98G, is that the Deuce you picked up this spring?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Yes, it's a slippery slope; I almost overnight from wanting a stock Deuce as a mud truck to wanting to daily drive one or an M939 series 5 ton. 98G here can tell you I almost bought a M927A2 as my first vehicle.

98G, is that the Deuce you picked up this spring?
Yeah. Redtruck broke down which has caused some financial strain. I had been hoping to keep this one for me...

WatchThis

Trust me I completely under stand slippery slops, y'all would laugh me out of town if you knew how much I had tied up in my current jeep wich is sitting in my yard and not running because it has a gremlin in the computers. I have plenty of room if I get bit by some kind of bug, parking space is not an issue.

What's the story with the truck pictured above? If there is a 4sale post for it got a link?

twisted60

Welcome from Florida, I dove in the deep end and started my Green addiction with a M923A2, she has severed me well, mostly a daily driver unless I jump on Harley...

Welcome to the addiction, it will entertain you, make you laugh, make you cry, but at the end of the day you will be smiling.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Nevada (currently the Land of the Monsoon).

I'd encourage you to look at 98G's Deuce, if you're serious about buying one. He's not far up the road from you & a great guy to deal with.

WatchThis

Quick update. Just made a promise to pay sight unseen on a 1971 C turbo winch truck with hard top. Last time the truck ran was 3 years ago. He states the truck will "Turn over but not crank". Any idea what some guy who has been watching dueces sell for around a year would pay sight unseen for a truck with unknown running or brake status? What would be the price that would make any of y'all jump on a truck like this?

WatchThis

Good point. The seller actually has moved off and is FedExing the title to his old neighbor then I'm meeting him to exchange cash for title and laying eyes on the truck for the first time. We all know things are not done till title is in hand. I've had deals fall through before when wheeling and dealing. Hopefully this will not be one of them.