• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello Steel Soldiers!

Rustin

A friend told me to take a look at this forum, so, I decided to join. My profile has been filled with content and I'm here to read some of your training manuals. I am active on a lot of forums, so my visits will be sporadic. I'm a fan of diesel performance motor-sports with a membership to the SEMA organization. I was a 3521 organizational Auto tech for the United States Marines So I have had my hands on a few vehicles, however that was a long time ago!

I am currently a Director of Internet Marketing, but I'm not here to advertise my company, I'm here to learn.

Here are my Facebook and Google+ profiles. You all can look at them, so that you will know, that I am a real person. LOL!

Rustin's Google+ page.

Rustin's Facebook Page.

Thank You and Semper Fidelis
Rustin Hawver

Any questions please ask them here or email me please. RH

3dAngus

Greetings, and welcome. I like your avatar.
Looks like the yearly Scottsdale event on motor vehicles are seeing prices way up again, like back in 2007/2008 and we are seeing some record high prices again.
I saw dozens and dozens of cars sold last night for my lifetime savings. Mopar is the place to be for anyone with skills today. Six figures is nothing based on what I am seeing for common vehicle restorations. We here, love the old military vehicles, but if I had skills, I would go towards the money. We're all a bunch of big kids and loving it.

There is a wealth of info here from which to learn about all kinds of MVs and their maintenance and repair.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, hang to long on this forum and you'll end up with a big green diesel.
JC

Rustin

Thank you for the welcome. I'm not opposed to owning a large Green diesel. I would be happy getting my hands on an old M-998 HMMWV. Is it true that the government is no longer allowing civilians to own them?

eagle4g63

Welcome and I also gotta say, I like the avatar.....I know not a MV but is it a 51 or 52? I have a 52 L112......International pick-up for anyone that don't recognize the truck.

Rustin

Not just no longer, they were never supposed to be released. The ones that slipped out weren't cheap for those who got them or those who sold them.
That is interesting? Most of the basic M998s were worth $20,000 to the tax payers, when purchased by the military. It was probably the Emission laws that placed them out of reach for civilian use. I do see the sherifs and police departments picking them up at really cheap prices.