• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello!

pvtjorge

My M38 was delivered to the army in Sept. 1951. I obtained it in around 1995 from my brother after he quit hunting. He got it from and individual in Houston TX. My brother and dad and I used it for hunting in west Texas for about five or six years. After I quit hunting out there I brought it home and it set in the shed for about three years. I had plans to do a little TLC so I could drive it in parades, especially parades honoring veterans and our nations birthday. I am a US Army veteran of that unpopular war in the 60's, but I am very proud to be one.

Anyway the jeep was pretty solid. It needed practically all the military attachments. The engine was worn out. That was the first thing that came off of it to get rebuilt. I was not aware of the MVPA or other MV clubs. So I started out blind uneducated on my project. I didn't even have a shop to work on it. I started under the car port. Good in nice summer weather. But then winter came. Whoa, Stop Project!! I had to make a better plan now if I was going to be serious about this old timer. I contacted a metal building fabrictor who built my carport to come give me a bid on an enclosed extension to the carport. So he built for me a 24x36 shop with 12 foot side walls and 3/12 roof. Somehow I learned about the MVPA and got acquainted with other MVer's.
A place to get answers to the many questions I had.
From the time I brought the vehile out of the shed to when I got it on the road again was 4 years (2007 on the road). Had to take time out from hurricane Rita and a fractured ankle due to falling from a ladder seeking to make temporary repairs to roof.
Four years, lots of money and time, I have head turner. Last year May 2008 I found the correct M100 Trailer to go with it and so restored it too. So far I have not seen any other MV's in my area other than a few Dueces. I would like to start a club if I could find others of the same interest around here. I belong to a club that is about 100 miles from here. That is quit far to go to a meeting and functions.
Ok I'll quit now.

catalinacat

Nice M38!!! Iam working on mine now, and having a few issues with fuel delivery! She is getting hot too, not sure what is going on, but I know what Iam doing for the weekend, lol!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks