• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello!

FishWagon

Hello all,

Wow, what a site....

Anyway, just posting a hello to all of you. I decided to go ahead and take the Deuce plunge. So I've started reading/searching/reading/searching the threads in this forum to try to put together a checklist of sorts to prepare myself for my deuce search. I'm hoping by end of year I'll be a proud owner.

I'm from Dacula, GA, and love tinkering, working, etc.. on my stuff. My wife thinks I'm not really happy unless I'm working on a vehicle project and complaining of having to fix yet another item.

Anyway, glad to be part of this forum, and just wanted to drop by and say Hi to everyone....

Rich

zout

FW - welcome to SS site.
Check on the ongoing thread on the 2011 Ga Rally coming uip in Oct and start making plans to come.

Post some pics of your ride as well.

DEUCE1209

Welcome to SS! You'll find alot of knowledge, experience and anything you could ever want to know about the Deuce on this site with a little searching.

Hooty481

Howdy from up here in Kentucky! After you get you decide wich deuce to get go ahead and start looking for the next item of buisness and dont say your only gonna have just one MV.

FishWagon

Thanks to everyone......Yeah, I've done a lot of off-road projects (my current project is an International Scout) but I always wanted to get into the military vehicles.....my wife is afraid (and rightfully so) that the deuce is going to be the first vehicle to fulfill a lifelong obsession with military vehicles.

I'm thinking of a bobbed A2, as I plan on driving it quite often........I consider myself a good mechanic/electrical person, but my welding skills are nonexistant. I am looking for a local welding class to correct that defect in my skillset. I have buddies who are welders, but I want to learn how to do it myself to remove the dependency on them for when I need something done.

I'll be at the ralley for sure, I go to Durhamtown quite often...

Looking to hook up with all the locals and make new friends! :beer:

Rich

FishWagon

Howdy from up here in Kentucky! After you get you decide wich deuce to get go ahead and start looking for the next item of buisness and dont say your only gonna have just one MV.
Nope, plan on having as many as I can!! After going to the Patton museum, "she who must be obeyed" turned and must have saw the look in my eye and said "oh no...."

I showed her a deuce and that I was going to buy one, and she, as she always does, gave me her full support. She even thought it was cool looking (a bobbed one)

All four of my tax deductions are hoping I get one also, they think it's so cool!!! hahaha

Rich

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, we're right up the road from you in Statham.

A

A/C Cages

Welcome,,, please explain the name... Fishwagon
Im sure others are curious also. Mine is the same as my company name. A/C Cages Hence I make cages that cover air conditioners.... But FishWagon sounds like there is an interesting story behind it..lol

FishWagon

I get asked this quite a bit....

I grew up on Long Island, NY (I'm 47). I was a fanatical fisherman, and while a lot of people loved deep sea fishing, I loved to surf fish.

I was a member of LIBBA (Long Island Beach Buggy Assoc) which was the only organziation that was allowed to ride on the beaches with vehicles. I had a Ford Crewcab that was rigged strictly for surf fishing. Custom front bumper that held coolers, tackble boxes, rod holders, (Extended out about 6') I had a camper in the back, live wells for bait, Loran (hey this is before GPS), etc, etc, etc....basically it was as close as a land vehicle could get to a fully equipped deep sea fishing boat.

Anyway, we would communicate back in those days by CB radio, or VHF sets. So people would ask "Anyone see Rich?" and if they didn't knwo me, of course, they'd say "who is that". Well everyone knew the truck, so they said "You know, that guy with the Fishwagon"

Well, that is 30 years ago and it's still with me....

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

I told you it would be interesting story behind that one. But at least now everyone knows and they wont come to their own conclusions.... In here, that could be scary on what some of them would think... We have to be odd, we all big drive snot green trucks. lol

jamesfrom180

hey welcome from the southern Gainesville

Get you a set of torches, learn on that for welding you will then pick up any welding faster because you will have a good idea of heat control. Welding and MV you will never leave a single piece of rusty metal alone again. :beer: