• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

helmet top for m998

FFesco

What do i need to do to install a helmet top on a 998 besides the mounts. Any help would be appreciated
Do you have an actual military helmet top or something aftermarket? I’m not familiar with the helmet top but I have made/installed quite a few roofs recently. Either welded the aluminum or just used self tapping screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hummwv h1

It's the 4 door top with the two filler panels and side cabinets. Im planning removing the filler panels and make it 4 door. I also have a soft top and hard top windshield and neither seem to fit good. I know i have to get all the mounts but didn't know about the windshield seal.

hummwv h1

I would rather trade it for a slant back like i had in Calvary scouts in the army so im still thinking about it. Thanks everyone for the information

603hellmutt

Sometimes the tops will warp a little around the windshield due to how they were stored, you can replace the gasket and it will make a world of a difference. No need to use a hard top windshield they are made for the soft top windshields. I just installed a NOS helmet top and you can pm me if you have any questions. I have 4 extra hardware and bracket sets that came with mine if you need any mounting parts.

RockHillWill

I have one of these helmets for sale, because I have finished installing the turret top for an M1026, but I had a REAL hard time contacting the AM folks. I made 9 phone calls to them in an effort to acquire some parts and did NOT get one phone call returned.

603hellmutt

Amtech technically was bought out a few years ago by a larger company mcclarin plastics though they still do business under that name. I have spoken with them a few times about some of the tops i have. If you need to call wait until about 11am PST and ask for Kirk
(509) 877-6271. H
e helped me with info that was never released, though i never tried to buy parts from them since i have more then enough install kits so i cant comment on that.

Last edited:

ab7698

Sometimes the tops will warp a little around the windshield due to how they were stored, you can replace the gasket and it will make a world of a difference. No need to use a hard top windshield they are made for the soft top windshields. I just installed a NOS helmet top and you can pm me if you have any questions. I have 4 extra hardware and bracket sets that came with mine if you need any mounting parts.
Just ran across this thread. I just bought a military helmet top for my M-1165. You indicated you have some mounting parts which I would be interested in if you still have them. Thanks

Steve1

I am interested in buying one of your Helmet Top hardware and bracket sets if still available.

Steve1

Amtech technically was bought out a few years ago by a larger company mcclarin plastics though they still do business under that name. I have spoken with them a few times about some of the tops i have. If you need to call wait until about 11am PST and ask for Kirk
(509) 877-6271. H
e helped me with info that was never released, though i never tried to buy parts from them since i have more then enough install kits so i cant comment on that.
I am interested in buying one of you Helmet Top installation kits if still available. Thanks!!

MedicKam

Anyone have luck getting ahold of anyone at McClarin plastics? I’ve tried so many ways. Phone, email, contact us form… nada.

I am looking for some hardware and side boxes for the helmet top if anyone here has some.