• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP!!! 12VDC Trailer Lights on 24VDC Deuce

JRBAMATEX

Clinto I tried to PM you but it kept blowing up. Maybe this will work. Here's some Pics. I didn't document the install but ist pretty basic. Just C Clamp the hitch to the frame and use a floor jack as a fulcrum and a 2X4 as a lever to press the drill with a 1/2" bit up through the hitch mounting holes. Use lots of ouil for the bit or you will be miserable making trips to HD to get more bits. They aint cheap.

PICs!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
JRBAMATEX, So now that you've had this setup for awhile, can you report back to us any issues? Have your LED's continued to survive on 24V?

jimm1009

Will the military version of the LED composite lights run on 12 volts or are they considfered to be 24 volt only?

Link to some below.

http://www.truck-lite.com/wcsstore/tl/resources/images/en_US/PDF/01LED.pdf

This presents another issue. If you take a simple set of magnetic lights and switch the 1157 out for a 1662 24 volt version you have to physically switch 2 wires due to the filiament swap from bulb to bulb as mentioned earlier in the same thread. The bright becomes the dim and the dim becomes the bright.

With the 24 volt military LED in the above link, the larger, brighter group of LEDs would be for the wrong function
without switching the wires too ( I think ). Logically the larger number and brighter set of LEDs is for brake & turn function with the lesser and dimmer number being for tail (position) funtion. If this is how they work (and I'm not sure about this) wouldn't you still have to swap the wires to send the power to the correct grouping of LEDs?

aua

jimm1009

Last edited:

jimm1009

I guess my last post on this thread has stumped some people or they are no longer interested.
Could someone that understands how these new front and rear LED composites work please contact me?
I still do not understand how the function from 12 to 24 will work if the wire must be switched as explained by me in the post above this one.
Perhaps PM me or e-mail is good too.
jimm1009 here on S.S. or jimm1009@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance,
Jim :lost:

cessnatwin

I just ran into this last week, exact situation! I wired in a 4 plug light adapter, bought magnetic twelvve volt triler throw on lights, and called Memphis Equipment for help! They had the bulbs I needed to fit because my set had two tits on the bottom of the bulb rather than the standard one. They have the bulbs for this, and I was fixed and working perfectly! Thats my two since to keep it simple!

m816

When I had a trailer for my deuce, I made a duel system by adding miltary lights welded above the twelve volt lights and added a center light bar benith the standard lights in the rear and extra markers for the sides. I had two power cords One twelve and one twenty four volt. Looked good I thought . I even altered the front tonge to accept a lunet or ball hitch. I was able to use it for either the pck up or the deuce. At the last Gathering, I picked up a neat hithch that fits in the pintle of a deuce and has two pieces you weld to the exsisting frame. Then the whole thing can be removed by pulling two home made 1" pins. Very neat and it is removed, no one would ever guess how you got the reciever on the mil. veh.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Trucklight Omnivolt LED lights work on from 8 to 30V... Just hook the trailer and drive. The LED unit figures out the voltage and make it work properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks