• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help 6x6 jeep?

zelmergobi

I found a 6x6 super jeep from the 40's or 50's at a salvage yard while looking for parts for my m1028.The owner didn't want to give me a price but I think he might sell it if the price is right.It's in rough shape and it will need a lot of work.All 3 axels there but some wheels are missing.From what I tried to find our ,this jeep is pretty rare and it was probably made by Ford.What do you think its worth?

Danger Ranger

nopics
details, details, details....
and you know we need background, more on the subject and such, because you can't just ask what its worth. :-D

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Does it have any dataplates?

If it IS an XM408 as Bob H posted I'd say it's worth saving for sure!!! :beer:
Prolly won't ever see another one.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the pic I think its a stump jumper........I was at Murry's
place a year or so ago and he had a couple of them setting
around......not impressed!!! ....real hack jobs,and as with all things "Murry" gold plated. popacom Bill In Ky.:-?

emr

I have to say i see no Jeep in that picture, :) I do see an M151 MUTT though, :) As this type of stuff is beat to death i am happy to bring it up again and again, A Jeep is a registered trade mark a MUTT does not carry that, I Love MUTTs too, but I am a Jeep freak and just like to tell the difference, I have heard it said, everyone in my unit called them a jeep so they are a Jeep, Well in the town of Dover in NJ a strong Spanish population the samurais are called jeeps, No they are NOT by a long shot, But by some ways of thinking if enough of them say it its true, So they are Jeeps now too ... :) sorry could not resist... :) :) :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy a computer!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In vietnam, we called them jeeps or 151, " can I use your jeep" or "can I use your 151" NEVER "can I use your MUTT", if someone had said that, you would have been thought of as a PREVERT or GIMPY and told to KEEP away from there pets.
Never heard the word MUTT till I started reading MV mag. where someone was bitching about MUTT being the ONLY name for a 151.
MY dog is a mutt, every time I here someone say" see the mutt", I think my dumb dog got loose or some other dog is roaming around.
I have never heard anyone say "WOW, that sure is a nice MUTT", I have heard "WOW, that sure is a nice m151" or "151"

Last edited:

snock

It's an M151A2, an early Ford A2 in fact since it lacks the notches on the front fenders. It's not worth anything as a 6x6 as far as I'm concerned but could be cut back down if the price is right.

houdel

I have to say i see no Jeep in that picture.... A Jeep is a registered trade mark.....I am a Jeep freak and just like to tell the difference
Check out my avatar for my Jeep, it looks just like a M35A2. The data plate says "Kaiser Jeep" and thats what I put on the title application. When the title came back, the State of Michigan had shortened it to "Jeep". So I guess I have one of the bigger "Jeeps" around!

txdodge43man

Ok back on topic I would do what you can to save it. If it is a M151a2 6x6 and not a home maded 6x6 its worth saving as I have only seen a few 6x6's and they were M151a1's. If you can please email me the pictures would love to see more of the M151

chuck_s64@yaoo.com

thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks