• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help..Charging issue

Neut

I just recently bought a 71 deuce mutifuel. My voltage regulator was overcharging my batteries. I got a good generator and was told to hook up the signal wire to a oil pressure switch. the thinking is that the on/off switch contacts are out of spec and is hard on the generator. I was told to hook up the oil pressure switch to the block and wire one termnal to the battery and the other to the R wire on the generator. The pressure switch turns on at 15 PSI. once the engine starts and the oil pressure goes above 15 psi and the generator starts. I need suggestions where to put the switch. Or if this is just crazy.

Neut

RE: Re: Help..Charging issue

I thought it sounded nuts but I am new to this vehicle. I will just install it as stock and hope for the best. Thanks. :D