• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Decode A 1986 M1009

faststandard

I am currently looking at a 1986 M1009 and was wondering what the military vehicle ID means. Here is the information on the placards:

Left side = DIV W I-382
Right side = HQ 83

Thanks.

Terracoma

Division West of the First Army.....has a 382nd Infantry Regiment with three battalions.

If your "I" is a "1", that would better jive with the usual Army way of hyphenating [Batt - Reg].

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It's 1st Army Division West, 1 Battalion 382nd Infantry Regiment. I believe they are located at Ft Bliss and although it says Infantry, it's actually a logistics support battalion.

Terracoma

Edit: CARNAC beat me to it... Logistics Support.

Some internet sleuthing shows that 1-382 was (at one time) assigned to the 479th Field Artillery Brigade out of Fort Hood, under First Army... I think the 479th originally came from Fifth Army out of Fort Sill, but they're showing deactivated in 2015.

Last edited: