• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP,Diesel with my engine oil

trackdriver44

Hallo,
I have buy a deuce dumper.Its a M624.Special built for the Norweigen army.Engine is same like M35.
I became dieselfuel in my motoroil,who can say me whats the problem,???????
Thanks a lot.

Josh

There is a pair of Orings in the injection pump that can be leaking, The FDC could be leaking, Is it bypassed?

I think a flame heater can cause it also, but not sure.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bonjour,

Très probablement le problème est un appareil avant de la pompe d'injection appelé "compensateur de densité", qui peut être contourné avec quelques changements pour les tuyaux de raccordement.

S'il vous plaît prendre des photos claires de la zone de la pompe d'injection et nous vous aiderons à déterminer la cause du carburant dans l'huile.

Au revoir

Rick

Last edited:

trackdriver44

Problem with diesel in my engine oil

Hallo,
Thanks for your response.
Have somebody a technical picture and can say me how i must fix this problem?
I never work on a dieselpump like this.
Thans

armytruck63

The M600 series trucks were almost identical to the M35 series truck with some important differences. A 12 Volt electrical system was one of the changes. Perhaps they were straight Diesel and never had a FDC.

There are M600 copies of the M800 series 5-tons as well.

466Navastar

for the rest of us that are not familiar and would like to learn something - please share with us - what FDC stands for and what it does...thank you

Billy Bobbed

I found this in a thread that stumps wrote.

The FDC is basically a movable stop for the fuel pedal. When you are running a thin fuel, such as gasoline, the stop moves to allow full pedal, and maximum fuel. When you are running a thick fuel, such as WMO, the stop moves to reduce the maximum pedal motion. The idea is the FDC controls the engine so that you get the same maximum horsepower for any fuel.

If you bypass the fuel flow through the FDC, the FDC will act as if it has a very very thin fuel, and will put the stop in the maximum fuel position.... just like it would for gasoline. If you then use some fuel other than gasoline, the injection pump (IP) will be capable of seriously over fueling the engine... lots of black smoke, lots of power, and lots of heat (Can you say meltdown? Sure you can!).

If you are a really disciplined driver, you could bypass the FDC, and drive with diesel fuel, by never going to full pedal... never letting the engine smoke much... I doubt that anyone is that disciplined.

There is a formula method for getting close to the correct fuel adjustment when the FDC is bypassed. That method is to adjust the nut on the compensator stop plate screw (smoke limit) 12 to 16 nut flats (sixths of a turn) clockwise (in the increase fuel direction), and to adjust the droop screw 1 to 2 turns clockwise(in the decrease fuel direction).

[For the stop plate, do not try to turn the threaded shaft. The outer nut is a jamb nut, and the inner nut is the adjustment. Count the nut flats as they pass by until you get to 12... your engine may be happy there, or may need a little more juice, up to 16 nut flats.]

The droop screw adjustment is hard to get at. It is part of the governor's fulcrum and is under the governor cover. It should only exist on the E type injection pumps on the turbo'd engines (I think). When you remove the FDC action, and adjust the smoke limit to compensate, it affects the governor action, requiring the droop re-adjustment for proper idle operation. Most folks that bypass their FDC's skip this step, and sometimes get problems with starting, and idling.

You should get TM9-2910-226-34 from the resources pages of this site before you touch anything!

-Chuck

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/59840-fdc-bypass-question.html

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you don't have a FDC sounds like either your IP is leaking internally or the flame heater. I'd check the flame heater first just because that's the easiest and cheapest thing to do first.

Westex

I've been through this before and done it twice. Since you have no FDC, then it is likely the fuel injector pump hydraulic head itself. I've had to replace one of them (the hydraulic head) with one of Chinese origin. It has worked just fine, and the guys I had do it remarked that it was actually a quality part. The truck has many hours on it since the transplant and works fine. Here is a link, or at least the site for the hydraulic head:
Chinahanji Parts Plant - Element,nozzle,valve | fuel injection pump | diesel pump | fuel system | Pencil Injector

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks