• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! Electrical emergency!

msoumas

Ok... so I was working on wiring up my license plate light and accidentally touched the wrong wires in the trailer electrical harness :oops: and now none of my lights are working! Headlights, taillights, even the little light under the dash... they're all dead! The truck is still starting up fine, the lights in the gauges are working... but I can't drive blacked out on the drive home from work. All the fuses are good, what could I have busted? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Michael

There are at least 3 fuses controlling the lights you mention. You might try turning the blackout light switch off and on again.

mangus580

You blew the MAIN lighting/blackout system fuse. I know you say all are good, but I would look CLOSE at the lighting fuse. sometimes they appear good and they are not.

msoumas

I've checked and double checked all my fuses and everything seems good. Which is my main lighting fuse?

v--- Not my fuse box, just borrowed the picture for reference.

Attachments

msoumas

I haven't been able to find it, and to be honest on the half-mile distance wifi connection i'm leeching off of I don't know if I'd be able to download it if I did. I went over the fuses with a multimeter and they all check out. I don't know what else to check.

msoumas

I haven't been able to find it, and to be honest on the half-mile distance wifi connection i'm leeching off of I don't know if I'd be able to download it if I did. I went over the fuses with a multimeter and they all check out. I don't know what else to check.

Rickyoday

msoumas, Using the picture provided, the top right side fuse is the Park/Marker lights-20 amp..directly under it is the Stoplight fuse- 10 amp, directly under that is the Headlight fuse- 30 amp. Like Mangus580 says, it may look good, but it may be bad...if you have spares, replace those fuses, or swap out like amp fuses to test them.
Good luck!

msoumas

I brought it over to a guy who does car electrical work. he was too busy to give me more than a quick look-over, but he did give me something to work with. I got the right wire (brown) to the trailer light connection, but it looks like I accidentally grounded out the wire on the light I was installing. He said one of the fusible links is burned, but couldnt look over it and find the one. If I had the wiring diagram, would there be a definite way of finding which one it must be?

msoumas

It's definitely not a fuse. I've gone through every one of them and continuity-checked and everything. I'm either going to have to hire someone to look at it, or trace the wires myself when the weather looks better and I have time. There's got to be a burned out fusible link somewhere, but I've checked all the ones I could find in the engine compartment (two clusters of them), but I don't know if there are others I can't see in there or maybe somewhere else in the truck?

msoumas

It's definitely not a fuse. I've gone through every one of them and continuity-checked and everything. I'm either going to have to hire someone to look at it, or trace the wires myself when the weather looks better and I have time. There's got to be a burned out fusible link somewhere, but I've checked all the ones I could find in the engine compartment (two clusters of them), but I don't know if there are others I can't see in there or maybe somewhere else in the truck?

m4A1

Check your blackout light switch by bypassing it and see if your lights work. Better yet, check to see if you get 12v to the switch if you do your problem is after the switch and if don't then it is before it.

m4A1

If you do have power to the switch bypass it and see do you have lights. If you bypass it and do have lights then it is the switch.

Michael

Did you have power at the fuses? Someone is going to have to trace the circuits from the 12v buss to the back to find the problem. I will try to attach a .jpg of the one page you need from the manual.

Attachments

Michael

I am thinking that since he knocked them all out the problem is up front, but here is the back just to be sure.

These come from the -20 and are in appendix F in case you can't read them and want to download the originals.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks