• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Figuring out what kind of truck I have

Firefighter1303

Ok everybody thanks for all of the help, even though I am new to the world of MV and this site, I think you guy are great,,,,,, thanks alot..... David thanks for the info, I will look for all over the frame tomorrow for a set of numbers. I found 1 set of numbers on the driverside rail above the front axle the other day but it didn't start with a letter just a 27923L then there was A 35 D that is all I have found so far. I have looked on the web at other 530's and some look like and some don't, the body that I removed from this truck and put on the other one didn't have that many compartments on the side only 1 on each side and 2 on the rear deck with a booster real on the passenger side on top of the tank.... The PTO is rear facing on the T case not the tranny, with a lever in the floor by the door and e brake handle.. The battery boxes are hugh the battries look like 3 reg car ones stuck together into one the truck has been converted to a 12v system.

M16ty we (the dept.) bought the truck from City of Chattanooga, one of my friends is a Captian and a 15year veteran of the CFD he said that the truck had been in service for at least 20 years a the CFD before he started there as a rookie,. so as far as the Govt. wanting their truck back I doubt it, but I don't know,,,,

O and everone if the truck turns out to be rare I am going to try to restore it back to orginal condition,,, the get another one to bob and play with.... so don't worry......

Last edited:

Firefighter1303

Ok I have found the frame number M55038 and have given it to carnac, nothing! Any other Ideas!!!! NO vin hidding on frame anywhere or where to look on doors or cab?

Does any one have a VIN or Title off of a Dearly Departed truck (scraped out) that they would want to sell......

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I have found the frame number M55038 and have given it to carnac, nothing! Any other Ideas!!!! NO vin hidding on frame anywhere or where to look on doors or cab?

Does any one have a VIN or Title off of a Dearly Departed truck (scraped out) that they would want to sell......
Sometimes carnac has trouble with his crystal ball if the truck has been out of Gov. hands for a long time. If anybody knows it's David Doyle. He's forgot more about these trucks than most will ever know.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

The VIN you gave me is the vin but I have no info on that vin because the truck left service before it was put into the database.

Firefighter1303

O Carnac I did not understand fully so that is the VIN and I could use it to try to get a title... I was not meaning any disrespect at all.... I thank you very much for your help.....

Firefighter1303

Well everyone I got a title on the way. Tennessee Reg. is really easy for old trucks, without a title. just fill out a form, give them a rubbing of frame number and a couple of pictures and here you go.....its on its way O and yeah I found out it is a 1960 M35A1 made by REO that left military in 1970 or 1971 according to Mr. Carnac and the TN state Reg. Office.
Thank you to everyone that helped....
If any of you are ever in S.E. Tn give me a shout....