• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help finding axles!!!

altoids

I'm looking for the SRW 14 bolt rear & Dana 60 front that are in the M1010. I'm not sure if the other CUCV's are the same width or not, if so then they'll work just as good. I think the M1010's are 63" WMS-WMS (don't quote me on that) I could be wrong about that. I just assume it because all 14 bolt rear GM cab over chassis axle's are 63" WMS-WMS. If some one could point me in the right direction of a member or location near me I would greatly appreciate it & if any of my info is wrong feel free to correct. I 'm located in High Point, North Carolina. I looked on GovLiquadition.com they have some whole vehicle's but I just need the axle's. Besides I'm not too sure about that site, heard some bad things of late. Thanks for any help. I posted this in the Salvage yard forum I suppose I should have posted it here, my bad. The reason I need the short width is b/c I'm replacing my current Dana 44's under my '95 Jeep. Need the beefier axles for my Boggers. I already did SBC 350 swap.

chevycrew

While the rear axle in the Cab chassis trucks is narrower, the front is still its original width.

somewhere in the neighborhood of 70" wide.

So no matter how you slice it, you will need to narrow the front.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am not sure about the width off hand, but I have new in the crate M1008 rear 14bolt axles. No front dana 60s though. Those are almost impossible to get these days without PAYING $$$$ I am located in Richmond, Va.

sweetk30

how is colorado k5 .com a jeep site?

and a friend did this on the cheep.

ford dana 60 front from wide 80's front that most people dont want. cut down long side about 5" and repressed and welded inner "c" on tube. then cut inner shaft down about 5" and bored out yoke and pressed and welded shaft in and welded both sides.

still holding 2 years later with 4 cyl 5 speed and 5.13 gears.

then c & c rear duelly axle in the back. cheep as narrowest of them and less wanted by others. bolt on your 8 lug rims and run it.

that would be the cheepest and best way i can see if you want to fit like stock and also find the most axles for the least amount of money.

majortom

Rear is about 65 1/2" on M1008/1028 Front is a little wider, it would be easier to cut you jeep in half and widen it
than to narrow these axles.

altoids

Actually it's not really that hard to shorten the length of axles. You basically cut the tube down on each side or for the front you can some times just cut the long side. Then have the shafts resplined, weld it back up & your good. Cutting a vehicle in half & then getting it all to work right & look ok is little bit harder. Besides all you have to do to change a 14 bolts width is change the hub & drum (DRW or SRW hub). But I'll just be changing the hub & putting disc brakes on the rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks